ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
:wow: there's a OJ quote in part 3 that is really gonna make black folks hate him more..worse than the c00nery in part 1.

Not buying it! The "quote" that you're mentioning from Part 3 was being stated by someone in law enforcement so I would take his comments on what O.J said (supposedly) with a grain of salt. Plus it seems highly unlikely after all the maniacal events of that day that O.J at the most tumultuous time in his life would even be in the frame of mind to make such a flippant, off the wall remark.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Not buying it! The "quote" that you're mentioning from Part 3 was being stated by someone in law enforcement so I would take his comments on what O.J said (supposedly) with a grain of salt. Plus it seems highly unlikely after all the maniacal events of that day that O.J at the most tumultuous time in his life would even be in the frame of mind to make such a flippant, off the wall remark.

True but OJ was smiling in the backseat tough with them cops.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
shyt got SUPER REAL on some Goku meets Frieza shyt when that part came up.

Even my girl was like "yea if he stayed up all night to WATCH them have sex he probably killed the bytch" :mjlol:

But high key. EVERY young black person from the ages of 12-26 should be watching this. Their giving you the exact blueprint of what it means to live WHITE in our society and all of the privilege and passes you can get by being the perfect c00n. I'm actually surprised how in depth they are getting at how deeply and utterly OJ sold out, and these Cac "friends" of his are REALLY laying out how they view c00ns, as charming monkeys and dear pets until they fukk up a little TOO bad and then it's back to the plantation with you.

Your viewpoint is highly ignorant and rather simplistic. Because it's SO much more complicated than that.

OJ was someone who was selfish and prideful who just wanted to get paid.

He was a black man (in a time where being black WASN'T GREAT) who infiltrated ("was accepted") into the white community wholeheartedly.

You and others want to hate him, when we should've used him as a bridge to bring us closer together. As people.

It shouldn't matter what color of skin you socialize with and live with.

Race SHOULDN'T factor in on anything you do at all.

It should be in who you help, who you reach out to. Whose lives you make better. As a person to another person.

You don't take in ALL of what make this so intricate and complex.

That was OJ's choice. How do we not or why don't we ever consider the fact that OJ was using these white people to make his pockets fat ?

Because that's clearly what he did.

This situation is a combo of OJ's ego and him using his charm to get a life that THOSE OTHER PEOPLE think he viewed was BETTER.

But if it was so good WHY DID OJ RUIN IT ?

TWICE.

To just chalk him up as a c00n just destroys the nuance and clever moves he pulled off.

I dare anyone to do better.

photo.jpg

Oh wait a minute. Guess that makes him a c00n too.

Because let's face it. President Obama had to fu*k with white people to get that far. He had to make some "sacrifices".

Some black people that he use to fu*k with that he doesn't anymore because he CAN'T.

Some people just think they should have it all both ways and don't understand two things: the bullsh*t of civilized societal rules but the necessary evil that is civilized society.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Your viewpoint is highly ignorant and rather simplistic. Because it's SO much more complicated than that.

OJ was someone who was selfish and prideful who just wanted to get paid.

He was a black man (in a time where being black WASN'T GREAT) who infiltrated ("was accepted") into the white community wholeheartedly.

You and others want to hate him, when we should've used him as a bridge to bring us closer together. As people.

It shouldn't matter what color of skin you socialize with and live with.

Race SHOULDN'T factor in on anything you do at all.

It should be in who you help, who you reach out to. Whose lives you make better. As a person to another person.

You don't take in ALL of what make this so intricate and complex.

That was OJ's choice. How do we not or why don't we ever consider the fact that OJ was using these white people to make his pockets fat ?

Because that's clearly what he did.

This situation is a combo of OJ's ego and him using his charm to get a life that THOSE OTHER PEOPLE think he viewed was BETTER.

But if it was so good WHY DID OJ RUIN IT ?

TWICE.

To just chalk him up as a c00n just destroys the nuance and clever moves he pulled off.

I dare anyone to do better.

photo.jpg

Oh wait a minute. Guess that makes him a c00n too.

Because let's face it. President Obama had to fu*k with white people to get that far. He had to make some "sacrifices".

Some black people that he use to fu*k with that he doesn't anymore because he CAN'T.

Some people just think they should have it all both ways and don't understand two things: the bullsh*t of civilized societal rules but the necessary evil that is civilized society.

These are the kinds of posts we get when Rep gets disabled brehs:snoop:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
This is the thing about "selling out" What is it really?

At what point does speaking for yourself mean you're no longer able to speak for your race? Why do you have to speak for your race ?

It's not fair to that individual to put the pressure of society on one or a few people just so those who didn't make can feel better about themselves.

I get pride and morals and things of that nature.

But some people just want to make it. Some people want to live a life and do things they couldn't.

I mean selling out is SO subjective to begin with.

I could ACTUALLY say every black man who plays in the NFL is a sellout because they play under the ownership of white owners.

I could actually say. I'm NOT saying that. But do you get the dangerous path of that term @Ziggiy?

Some people just don't want to be involved in a race war. Some people see all this race sh*t for what it is bullsh*t, societal bullsh*t.

It's like you wake up one day you're given a gun and a uniform and are told to fight in something that has NOTHING to do with you based on the actions of EVERYONE BEFORE YOU because you were born with a certain shade of skin.

You can't do certain things, cavort with certain people. Act a certain way.

Do you know how bullsh*t that is ??

Who are ANY ONE OF US ?

People get their past conflicted and confused with their present and future.

People think stereotypes and prejudice are synonymous with culture.

It's not, or at least it shouldn't be.

It's all fu*ked up.

You should be able to pursue the life you choose to pursue. You shouldn't have to speak for ANYONE else.

The problem is racism has just taken on this life of it's own. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy, it's legend, it's apart of lore.

No one can get out of that mindset. (or not enough people that can inspire change)

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That quote pissed me off enough I had to go back and see who the source was. After seeing it I couldn't take the shyt at face value. Definitely an agenda in place. Wouldn't shock me if he said it but I just can't trust it.

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
+-

my app keeps crashing and starting me over from the beginning. I keep having to fast forward to where I left off. shyts annoying. Probably too many people on it.
Do you have a roku or a streaming box of some kind?

I just watched part 1 and it was flawless on my roku

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
This is the thing about "selling out" What is it really?

At what point does speaking for yourself mean you're no longer able to speak for your race? Why do you have to speak for your race ?

It's not fair to that individual to put the pressure of society on one or a few people just so those who didn't make can feel better about themselves.

I get pride and morals and things of that nature.

But some people just want to make it. Some people want to live a life and do things they couldn't.

I mean selling out is SO subjective to begin with.

I could ACTUALLY say every black man who plays in the NFL is a sellout because they play under the ownership of white owners.

I could actually say. I'm NOT saying that. But do you get the dangerous path of that term @Ziggiy?

Some people just don't want to be involved in a race war. Some people see all this race sh*t for what it is bullsh*t, societal bullsh*t.

It's like you wake up one day you're given a gun and a uniform and are told to fight in something that has NOTHING to do with you based on the actions of EVERYONE BEFORE YOU because you were born with a certain shade of skin.

You can't do certain things, cavort with certain people. Act a certain way.

Do you know how bullsh*t that is ??

Who are ANY ONE OF US ?

People get their past conflicted and confused with their present and future.

People think stereotypes and prejudice are synonymous with culture.

It's not, or at least it shouldn't be.

It's all fu*ked up.

You should be able to pursue the life you choose to pursue. You shouldn't have to speak for ANYONE else.

The problem is racism has just taken on this life of it's own. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy, it's legend, it's apart of lore.

No one can get out of that mindset. (or not enough people that can inspire change)

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
That quote pissed me off enough I had to go back and see who the source was. After seeing it I couldn't take the shyt at face value. Definitely an agenda in place. Wouldn't shock me if he said it but I just can't trust it.

What stood out to me also was the tonality & inflection the PIG had in regards to the derogatory statement he claims O.J made which let me know this is something these donut eating losers more than likely conjured up.