ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Coming on the heels of everyone in the known legacy media universe hammering the anniversary of the O.J. verdict as a news peg, one could legit ask "Is there anything else I could possibly want to know or experience about this case, which if I am under 30 I might not really care about all that much anyway?" The answer: everything, basically, if you're the kind of maximalist willing to sit down and watch a seven-hour documentary about at least five different things. There's an LAPD documentary in here, a harrowing one about domestic violence, one about police work in general, a short but effective piece on the birth of the new American media market, an exposé on race relations and the geography of Los Angeles, a pretty robust primer on trial law and an entire segment on the changing demographics of marketing and advertising in the 1970s. When you have seven hours, you can do that, and whether you end up watching this whole thing depends a lot on how much of a glutton you happen to be for long conversations that all eventually flow together into the form of one extremely fukked up central character: Orenthal James Simpson.

:whoo:

There are O.J.'s childhood friends, talking about how Simpson stole his first wife from Al Cowlings in front of him, and then making him hang out with them at dinners as a third wheel.

:huhldup: Damn that nikka OJ a straight savage

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I say first hand.... race in los angeles in the 90s was like the south in the 40s towards blacks

U had white cops who majority comes from the south or north Dakota where they never had any interactions with blacks all of a sudden thinking they can do anything to us without a fight

U had Koreans opening up so many shops in south l.a. and was literally just shooting brothers and sisters for just stealing a kit Kat and cops did nothing but say the brothers and sisters was gangbangers so they got what they deserved

There so much other shyt that went on it would take about 3 hours to post everything

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just want to see how they are going to fit 8 hours of OJ and make it interesting. It's gotta be covering his life from childhood up until now I would suppose. All these years later and we are still enamored with OJ and this case.

It's actually 10 hours

Every part is 2 hours

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
his first wife was GOAT

42-16655777.jpg