ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Such a wide range of emotions watching this documentary. I hate the racial dynamics of America. I watch this and wish I was a lawyer, because the only justice we can get in this system is through civil lawsuits. OJ was a rich man who committed murder. But so was Robert Blake. But his stupidity in committing another crime allowed the system to zip the ****** suit back on him and remind him of his place in this world.

I want to see a documentary of this magnitude on Iran Contra. Or how about Cointelpro. Better yet the Rodney King incident. I stand by an earlier post I made. This documentary wasn't for us. This documentary is for the parole board to see when he comes up in 2017. To remind them to keep him locked up. Because he committed the cardinal sin in America, being a black man who murdered a blond hair blue eyed princess. The ultimate sin in this country,

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Absolutely loved the doc. The one thing I would've loved to see is the subtle and not so subtle racism going unchecked. I would've loved to see reactionary shots or counter arguments made calling people for some of the bullshyt statements. Another problem that can't be avoided was the amount of lawyer double talk going on whenever questioned about anything involving the case. It seemed far too many like Marcia Clark and especially all the cops just toed the company line at all times and refused to admit any fault except when blaming other people. Also would've liked a little more focus on that list of reasons a few pages back of why all the prosecution evidence was not as strong as people want it to be.

I loved it shining light on all the injustices and all the bullshyt we've been dealing with police wise forever.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
"I'm watching part 5 and I just feel...icky

Seeing his life from being all the way at the top to the very very bottom seedy shyt he did is really morbid. Seeing someone ruin their entire life like that

I wish none of this slimy shyt ever happened and OJ just never met Nicole"
-some random person

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
I hope these black athletes and entertainers realize crossing over to white people doesn't put u on their level... as soon as u shyt in their bathroom that hammer coming straight to your head...

Like cassie said.support your own

Its funny you mentioned this. Remember in the beginning of this series how OJ declined to stand with the group of black athletes standing together (Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell, etc.)

I was looking at some Ali videos on youtube and this Malcolm X video came up. (Forgive that trash music :scust:)

Based on Malcolm X's observation, one can say that America pretty much used OJ to revert the American black hero to a safe, docile one. Every time one threatens to pop up, Richard Sherman, Cam Newton, Marshawn Lynch and more, suddenly its:whoa::whoa::whoa:. "We've worked to hard to bring this foolishness back again."

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I also want to add that Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bill Russel and all the conscious black athletes were right for being on their black power shyt in the 60s. White America will never see injustice through our eyes. All we got is us. OJ strayed away from that. Now all those former pariahs are messiahs and he stands alone with the heathens.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I give the documentary 4 & 1/2 mics out of 5

I was glad to see O.J.life growing up and in college, however the trial parts I was upset because they left out the other footprints on the scene... they left out O.J. son history where he cut his ex girl hair off and put a knife to her throat as well as his other ex girlfriend and also his former boss...

O.J. was on the scene but someone else killed them for the juice, because she couldn't stopped sucking Marcus Allen off on the low