Eric Adams bikes to work on second day in office: ‘On the road again!’ (A.K.A The NY Bike thread)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This.

Biking is for a child.

Art Barr

tenor.gif

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
tired of fukking bike lanes... :scust: enough already!!!
the issue is when they add a bike lane and replace the existing driving lane or when the bike lane isn't even used. I know the former mayor wanted to add a bike lane to one of the bridges and take away a driving lane like the dumbass he did.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
the more protected bike lanes there are, the more people will ditch their cars. fewer cars on the road should lead to less traffic right?
depends, in a highly urbanized area yes, but in spread out places then no.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
did he have shooters on deck? I'm talking Bloomberg.
Of course he did. He had plainclothes with him

He also had a car shadowing him above ground that was timed at certain stations along his ride to move in case of emergency or delays

This was told to me by former NYPD

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
depends, in a highly urbanized area yes, but in spread out places then no.

this isn't unchartered territory and e-bikes is an ideal mode of transportation for most people needs in a rural area. an recumbent e-bike for most older riders is perfect since you'd likely get fewer car accidents by elderly drivers.

many wheelchair bound individuals use bike lanes because the sidewalks are messed up and aren't even. they've found a renewed sense of freedom, now that they can travel safely on their own without as much fear a car will run them over when using protected bike lanes. rural residents can benefit from that.

what spread out places do you think don't need bike lanes?

FCzqnkvXoAUM29W

Recumbent bicycles growing in popularity among older adults

EiPsuS1X0AcDerW

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
the issue is when they add a bike lane and replace the existing driving lane or when the bike lane isn't even used. I know the former mayor wanted to add a bike lane to one of the bridges and take away a driving lane like the dumbass he did.

do the bike lanes you claim aren't being used have a barrier that protects cyclists from drivers? are cars or trucks parked in the bike lane that aren't being used? has the bike lane been plowed like the road for cars?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
this isn't unchartered territory and e-bikes is an ideal mode of transportation for most people needs in a rural area. an recumbent e-bike for most older riders is perfect since you'd likely get fewer car accidents by elderly drivers.

many wheelchair bound individuals use bike lanes because the sidewalks are messed up and aren't even. they've found a renewed sense of freedom, now that they can travel safely on their own without as much fear a car will run them over when using protected bike lanes. rural residents can benefit from that.

what spread out places do you think don't need bike lanes?

FCzqnkvXoAUM29W

Recumbent bicycles growing in popularity among older adults

EiPsuS1X0AcDerW

my city, I don't see a lot of bikes out to begin with and the bike lanes they implemented increase traffic and are never used. I guess it depends how many bikes are in an area, I rarely if ever see them out. Actually I lied i see them on trails not on city streets.