Sidebar, whatever happened to that jabronie Vecsey and all his "Sources":shaq2:

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
THE 80'S WERE BIRD & MAGIC'S ERA...
WE TALKING ABOUT THE 90S...

YOURE THE ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD
THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH HOW THINGS WERE RAN IN THE 90S.

:jawalrus:BUT YOUVE ALWAYS FELT SOME TYPE OF WAY ABOUT MIKE.
:devil:
:evil:
The 80s was the CBS team vs. team era.

You'll be crazy if you say it was Magic and Bird soliloquies for them in the intros like Costas waxing dikkriding poetics for MJ.

NBC fukked up the game making it a player vs. team or player vs. Player thing.

I'm the only poster who can speak on the diffeence between the 80s and 90s. Sorry I'm not like everyone else

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man CBS and NBC presentations were just great. ESPN/ABC just doesn't spend the time or money to present the product well.

Here is a bit of trivia for you guys. Do you know why the presentation on TNT looks and sounds so much better than ESPN/ABC. Well all the old NBA producers, graphics people and announcers from NBC left and went to TNT once the NBA left NBC.

Stern and the owners greediness really fukked up the quality of their product. Also the NBA ratings were much better than ABC even the year before the NBA left NBC and went to ABC.

Sadly ESPN is like a 15 billion dollar a year company. So expect the NBA to stay on ABC for the next few decades. Hopefully the owners get smart and be like the NFL and split the game over different next works outside of the league pass.

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Still wondering why they never brought it back mlb and NFL have theme songs, nba slacking