Enough is enough.. why are Sasha/Bianca/Naomi not the face of the women's div? Feat. Pat Patterson

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Even with all that said.. yes Vince is an old racist cac.. but so was Watts and he had JYD at the top of the card because it made the most sense business wise. it's incredible how they could believe Charlotte could draw more fans than Sasha or Bianca.. :wow:

WWE Shatters Annual Revenue Record for 2021, Has Its Most Profitable Year Ever

Why would Vince give a damn about what Watts did or what you want at this point? As a black fan of this company/business, this is your reality. You have no leverage and they don't care.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I will never understand the “Naomi is too old” narrative. It doesn't make sense when you compare her age to her female counterparts (ex: Asuka, Charlotte, and Becky).

Unpopular opinion: Sasha is treated better than most of the women on that roster, regardless of race, aside from Charlotte. She's not held back because she's a black/blackish woman. I bet Naomi and Bianca wish they had the same opportunities as her. This is not going to be popular but oh well :hubie:
While I agree that Sasha has been treated better than most women on the roster, that doesn't mean she's not held back. The fact that she stays as over as she does despite not getting long title runs or the sustained push as the face of the division that means she is underpushed. They have used her as somebody to add credibility to the other wrestlers they are trying to push as the face. Charlotte and Becky get the long runs and shoved down viewers throats and a lot of times can't get the same reaction as Sasha. So imagine the reaction they could have if they gave her that sustained push and made her the face of the division and pushed her as one of the GOAT women. They'd have a possible crossover star that they are trying to make Becky become.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Summerslam squash was the stupidest decision Senile Coke made in 2021, and that's saying something considering he makes a few every week, but beyond that Bianca's been booked incredibly strong on the main roster.

Sasha's undoubtedly one of the faces of the company, so much so that she's getting name dropped during Charlotte/Ronda segments and getting female GOAT promos ran during the rumble. Circumstances (covid protocols, injury) have been a bigger issue for her lately than booking.

Naomi's the only one who you can legitimately complain about, she was in limbo for a few years before this program with Sonya.

I know Naomi been in the game awhile now, but I think she was still a bit green in some areas (promos, in-ring timing) until a couple years ago. You can blame that on not getting that spotlight or good feuds to hone her craft in, but it is what it is.

Ultimately she did develop into her current version, and this version is absolutely ready to go, they better pull the trigger on another title run with her soon.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
The age complaint from fans is weird, because wrestling has almost always leaned towards older when you think about it. Hogan was 31 when he first won the championship; even was balding when he was supposed to be in his "prime" at the top. Austin was 34, Batista was 36, and many other notable top guys. If anything, it's the prodigies like Rock, Brock, and Orton that were anomalies more than anything, but yet they're treated like the norm of when someone should be at the top when that isn't always the case. I know it's a different time, but I don't blame the WWE for upholding that philosophy when it's been tried and tested that a wrestler in their early to mid 30's is more reliable and guaranteed to have the experience and knowledge necessary to perform at that top-guy standard with little to any hiccups.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Don't wanna hear about Sasha's outside opportunities because she created them for herself. Don't wanna hear about how "well" Bianca was treated after coming up from NXT... don't wanna hear how Naomi had her WM "moment" a couple years ago..

That all turns a blind eye to the fact that WWE doesn't want to push these women further than Lynch and Charlotte (and now Ronda).

Sasha and Bianca tore the house down last year.. ESPN invited them to be on the ESPYs.. you wonder why WWE's not trying to capitalize on the rivalry. Don't tell me what they were gonna do at SummerSlam and how Sasha was "unvaxxed" because she went on two European tours where you have to be vaxed.

if she was injured then cool... have a rematch at this year's Mania. Why's that not an option? No they have Lynch beat Bianca in 20 seconds. Awful.

As for Naomi.. she just proved last night again that she's ALWAYS been good... she's always held where she is.. Terrible Alexa Bliss had the belt for how long? Now she's gotta deal with Charlotte..

Pretty sure Sasha and Naomi have never wrestled for the title vs. one another.. imagine that shyt.

Maybe Bianca gets a match with Lynch.. but where's that leave Naomi and Sasha?
Pay attention to everything..think about it. The Street Profits and the New Day are dancing their asses off...Orton is presented as cunning and ruthless..Bianca is whipping hair around towards the entrance...Charlotte Flair is put over NONSTOP as if she is Stone Cold Steve Austin in 98...they don't let Sasha win at Mania..Booker criticizes Naomi out of the fukking blue when fans brought up her not getting any long term stories...AJ Styles punks Omos at the Rumble...

What's wrong with all of that? Black talent being marginalized yet they got Seth, Blandy, Charlotte, Bliss..always got some hook back to the spotlight. Lesnar gets paid alot..so his matches are predictable. No shocker with him getting screen time.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I know Naomi been in the game awhile now, but I think she was still a bit green in some areas (promos, in-ring timing) until a couple years ago. You can blame that on not getting that spotlight or good feuds to hone her craft in, but it is what it is.

Ultimately she did develop into her current version, and this version is absolutely ready to go, they better pull the trigger on another title run with her soon.
Naomi qas good in the ring since 2010. The push only added up when they had her go over Bliss at Mania.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Naomi qas good in the ring since 2010. The push only added up when they had her go over Bliss at Mania.

No lmao. There's more to being great in the ring than just being able to pull off athletic moves. I'm not talking about how she was booked. Go watch a 2010 match then her Charlotte match and get back to me, you will spot 10 things she does amazing now that she didn't even 5 years ago.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No lmao. There's more to being great in the ring than just being able to pull off athletic moves. I'm not talking about how she was booked. Go watch a 2010 match then her Charlotte match and get back to me, you will spot 10 things she does amazing now that she didn't even 5 years ago.
Sounds like you're describing Angle...his whole career.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I loved that they put Bianca in the Super Bowl commercial, but why did they have Chuck & Ronda instead of Sasha? It's like they still haven't figured out that Chuck ain't clicking no matter how much they try.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I loved that they put Bianca in the Super Bowl commercial, but why did they have Chuck & Ronda instead of Sasha? It's like they still haven't figured out that Chuck ain't clicking no matter how much they try.

Vince still think Charlotte has mainstream appeal :laff: at the end of the day, she doesn’t stand out, she’s not that charismatic and because of that she will always remain “Ric Flair’s daughter”.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Don't wanna hear about Sasha's outside opportunities because she created them for herself. Don't wanna hear about how "well" Bianca was treated after coming up from NXT... don't wanna hear how Naomi had her WM "moment" a couple years ago..

That all turns a blind eye to the fact that WWE doesn't want to push these women further than Lynch and Charlotte (and now Ronda).

Sasha and Bianca tore the house down last year.. ESPN invited them to be on the ESPYs.. you wonder why WWE's not trying to capitalize on the rivalry. Don't tell me what they were gonna do at SummerSlam and how Sasha was "unvaxxed" because she went on two European tours where you have to be vaxed.

if she was injured then cool... have a rematch at this year's Mania. Why's that not an option? No they have Lynch beat Bianca in 20 seconds. Awful.

As for Naomi.. she just proved last night again that she's ALWAYS been good... she's always held where she is.. Terrible Alexa Bliss had the belt for how long? Now she's gotta deal with Charlotte..

Pretty sure Sasha and Naomi have never wrestled for the title vs. one another.. imagine that shyt.

Maybe Bianca gets a match with Lynch.. but where's that leave Naomi and Sasha?

Here's your answer

full

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Vince still think Charlotte has mainstream appeal :laff: at the end of the day, she doesn’t stand out, she’s not that charismatic and because of that she will always remain “Ric Flair’s daughter”.
Yep, He's been determined to get her over since she was called up to the main roster. HHH isn't blameless either since he had her beat Io & Rhea in NXT for no reason.