Endeavor Signs Agreement That Will Form New Publicly Held Company That Will Include WWE And UFC

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure they'll cut some wrestlers.

I could see them telling WWE if the NXT ratings continue to start promoting more NXT wrestlers (who will surely get cheaper contracts than main roster veterans) while cutting some of the more expensive main roster talent that they have around just for depth. Especially if those that are just for depth are old with no potential.
I will say that if a wrestler isn’t:
  1. A legitimate star now in a quantifiable measure - like pushes a ton of merch, puts butts in seats, gets eyes on TV, huge on social media, etc.
  2. A former star who can still help (like Dolph putting over talent in the ring) or pushes a ton of merch
  3. A person who WWE sees as a budding star
Then they should be concerned.

Obviously all of them won’t get cut because that would be insanely stupid as. Like with a sports team, you need role players and bench warmers.

But like in sports, the role players and the bench warmers are the dispensable talent, not the stars and top prospects.

And WWE has 65 men on the main roster if the Wikipedia roster is correct. Even with the litany of injuries they have, a lot of these guys aren’t being used for anything right now on tv at least and many haven’t done anything for months on TV.

With that said, the vast majority of the cuts are going to be office staff because there is surely going to be a lot of redundancy with Endeavor staff.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
May be relevant to any merger:

Primarily relevant to the MMA fighters independent contractor thing. But this could potentially have ramifications for wrestling as they're arguably the biggest independent contractor grifters.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Next Tuesday

von-wagner-cum-tuesday.gif