Endangered species: no tattoo crew

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Don't have them either. Tattoos used to be seen as rebellious. Now it's like everybody has them, you stand out more without them.

That's no diss to people with them, we all have our reasons for doing things. I just never felt that urge to take the plunge on doing mine.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Leviticus 19:28-29

Thou shall not make any cuttings on your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

And

Thou shalt not be a cornball and act holier than thou; for you are a Nerd.
This seems like just another way to stop people from worshipping any other gods. Tattoos, skin markings, scars etc. Have been applied to the worship of many deities across the world.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Not gonna lie, when I see a redbone with one of those red ink text tattoos... :ahh: I'm usually not a fan of tats on women but those ones do it to me.
Those are usually quotes from Jesus correct? Red text is meant to symbolize the blood of christ in the ink?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This seems like just another way to stop people from worshipping any other gods. Tattoos, skin markings, scars etc. Have been applied to the worship of many deities across the world.
Probably, the irony is monotheism in the form Judeo-Christianity is very reminiscent of extinct polytheistic faiths if you look at saints and angels as lesser gods from those pagan religions; the similarities don't stop with Jesus.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Looks like Ross is getting his face tats removed. I noticed they are going away. Either that or it's an IG filter hiding them

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If it’s cultural/tribal tattoos, then I get it. There’s history and significance behind it. I personally think it looks stupid as hell on black skin, especially dark skin.

People with a lack of melanin need ink. We don’t. Our skin is beautiful and you want to deface it with ink? Why??? That’s like scratching a mahogany table with a knife.

I remember my wife’s cousin came to a cookout with some ugly ass butterfly tattoo across her whole back. Looking like a damn fool. I asked her why she got it.

Her response? “I wanted to be different. I don’t want to be like everyone else.”

Me:
200w.gif
Pretty sure black people invented tattoos so trying to make it a white thing actually comes off as anti black.