End of Watch

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
watched it tonight

good shyt

I didn't have a problem with much of the movie. The obvious aiming problems for the villains, but they didn't show great shooting anyway, with that driveby in the beginning of the movie against the bloods.

It was an edge-of-your-seat movie without going too over the top on the constant forced action. and the development was steady and progressive enough, so that the back and forth of on the beat vs personal life was JUST ENOUGH give and take.

i thoroughly enjoyed it.

like others have said, the ending could have been different in my opinion. i'm with the guys who think they should have just hopped in that car that was there when they hopped the fence.

obviously, both of them dying would have made a good finish as well, but i understand why they didn't take that route for ratings/theater reasons. i wonder if the dvd will have alternates?

who knows, good movie though.

Uri

Propane and propane accessories.
Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
All in all, it was a great movie.

I really enjoyed it, especially that one of the cops was a Marine made me happy lol.

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Watched this shyt the other day.

The movie was so over the top. I mean two regular ass patrol officers getting into human trafficking of mexicans, saving random black babies from burning houses, getting into one on one fights against gang members, finding drug money in crock pots all while on the run from a mexican gang crew that consists of 2 ugly ass females who automatic weapons?

shyt was still entertaining though.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Let me retract that a bit. I like how the movie starts, and how the movie poses a question of whether it's worth putting up with Alonzo's corrupt methods if he gets the job done. That's an interesting movie to me, like an updated version of To Live and Die in LA (which is a GREAT movie) set in South Central LA.

But that goes south when he makes Ethan Hawke smoke dust. From that point on it's just your average good cop vs. bad cop movie, except the bad cop is Denzel owning shyt and a good cop that seems like he barely passed the detective exam. I hated the Russian subplot, the scene with Hawke and the gangbangers, and the ending is one of the biggest copout endings in recent memory.

DopeMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Where the hood Where the hood Where the hood at
I know Im really late brehs, but I just watched it. Movie was dope as fuk.

I dont know if its better than Training Day. Dont think it has the same replay value.

The flick had your boy wanting to be a cop for a minute

Being out there fighting crime, putting my life on the line for my partner nd sh*it :to:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Girl got it for me at the redbox. She fell asleep on the couch during the previews so I fixed some of my famous Corona Shooters. Corona with a splash of Grey Goose. :obama: Then settled in to watch.

He Ma in the car! :ohmy: :wow: I was :stylin:

The ending tho brehs. . . :sadcam: I started sniffling. Dont know if it was the liquor and beer. . . But I had some tears on my cheek. :to:

My girl woke up like :childplease: I was :whoa:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Girl got it for me at the redbox. She fell asleep on the couch during the previews so I fixed some of my famous Corona Shooters. Corona with a splash of Grey Goose. :obama: Then settled in to watch.

He Ma in the car! :ohmy: :wow: I was :stylin:

The ending tho brehs. . . :sadcam: I started sniffling. Dont know if it was the liquor and beer. . . But I had some tears on my cheek. :to:

My girl woke up like :childplease: I was :whoa:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYn7s97vAdA[/ame]

:ahh:

Lee_Land

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hurricanes, Oil Spills, n Bounties
Just got around to watching this on Netflix

Very good movie, I understand why some in this thread would say its better than Training Day.

Took all I had not to :to: at the end. Although I was :russ: thinking they'd kill both cops.... :rudy:

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
I enjoyed the movie, David Ayer didn't disappoint, sans the cop out at the end.

Am I tripping or did Jake Gyllenhaal's character fukk his partners wife?

Last edited: