End of Watch

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:rudy:

-she was one of the them hood Mexican shyt talkin' b*tches though. Its a gang of them out here just like her. dyke and straight

she was corny as fukk. all shyt talking gang banging females are. most of the males too.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
man this movie was up and down. some sad...some compelling...some comedy...a little bit of everything. i really enjoyed the middle of this movie up until this climax.i will say they really fukked that ending up. i kind of guessed it in the back of my mind but shrugged it off and they still went with it :mjpls:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
man this movie was up and down. some sad...some compelling...some comedy...a little bit of everything. i really enjoyed the middle of this movie up until this climax.i will say they really fukked that ending up. i kind of guessed it in the back of my mind but shrugged it off and they still went with it :mjpls:
the ending definitely had its problems but it worked because jake and michael pena were such good characters and you cared about them in the end. It was funny and heartbreaking at the same time.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
the ending definitely had its problems but it worked because jake and michael pena were such good characters and you cared about them in the end. It was funny and heartbreaking at the same time.
they both should have died. no way jake should have survived that. other than that i liked it.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Have to co-sign the annoying Mexican gangbanger bytch. Unfortunately, she’s not a cartoon, there’s actually Mexicans like that. Now I will say that I see less of those types now as an adult, but growing up I definitely came across hoes like that in middle school.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought she was so bad. (in the good way)

I went to elementary and middle school with those kinds of cholas. The kind that would look so fine with all the eyeliner and makeup and then go stomp someone out behind the apartments after school lol

I watched this again sometime in the last year and it still seemed solid, liked it more than I thought. Think it was right after I binged Southland and needed that raw LA shyt

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Really well acted, but lot of flaws, from the extremely tired and forced hand held cameras, just shoot the movie normal, and use a few hand cam scenes, like the ICE survallence in Mexico, which was another kind of ridulous scene, with the drug lord looking like a bad send up of Escobar, complete with cowboy hat, and fatness.

The cartel element was odd, and felt forced, those groups, without a doubt operate in almost all cities in the US, esp. LA, Sinaloa has a heavy presence, but they don't drive around with gold and diamond plated weapons, that's some only down south shyt, they don't chop up the contras and leave narco messages here, and they don't order hits on cops. Or mix stash spots with safe houses for people. Those golden plated weapons are like some upper tier management/boss shyt, you don't just get one because you are a runner, or a safe house watchmen. And did those dudes stumble on every stash spot in the city? I thought the director was interested in the narco killings and wars, and got some little details right, but was out of place in LA.

I felt the music was overbearing, and too much in some scenes, too. 'Hey Ma' wasn't overbearing, but cringe worthy. Other scenes, had the heavy love song for the romance, love scenes, rap music for cruising the city. The gangs were well done, Ayer always excels in his realistic characterization of that element of LA, I felt the most compelling character was lala, the women.

A lot of it was done well, but the third act, lack of a plot, all really hurt the movie, but not so much it can't be enjoyed. Why did it deteriorate into a running gunfight, that was really not believable? The shooters just strolling away from a 10 minute shootout? And, shooting the dude 100x, he did the same thing in 'Training Day', and I didn't like it there either.

Stand by most of this, but the part where they had the Mayo/Chapo look a like was better done than I remembered. The gold plated guns I will still say guys do carry those here, that is now 100% true-- but not like runners and guys dropping off money.

if you want the really bad version of this movie, watch The Tax Collector

that was one of the worst moves I have ever seen