End of Watch

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
How is this better? These two act better then Ethan and Denzel? The script is better? What? How is this better then a movie that Denzel got an Oscar for?
Neither Gyllenhaal or Pena were as good as Denzel, but they were at least as good as Ethan Hawke. Gyllenhaal is going to be nominated for an Academy Award for his performance, and I hope Pena gets some recognition too.

The story moved better here, and just felt more honest than Training Day.

Also the "found footage" aspect made the film exhilarating too, without having to do too much.

Maybe my favorite movie this year...def way up the list

Gyllenhaal is so good
:yes:
LOL

buncha nonsense, shock at denzel

who says that?

training movie created an academy award

i think its controversial subject, re: end of watch, and there are not a lot of movies covering that area
Iron Lady created an academy award winner too. :manny:

The rest of your post is incoherent tho

Im really shocked that some of you rate Training Day so highly. I think some of you are failing at separating Denzel's performance and the actual movie. The movie was good, but wasnt no damn classic.

MorePower

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this movie was dope as hell. Completely different movie than Training Day despite being about cops. Way different vibe to it. shyt felt like almost a classic to me. Like 99.9 percent of the way there

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The one thing I did have a problem with was seeing these hardened gangsters walking around committing murders while holding a handicam....

truemaster

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA, Califas
The one thing I did have a problem with was seeing these hardened gangsters walking around committing murders while holding a handicam....

Believe it or not these idiots are actually documenting they 5hit like dat. 1time love that evidence when they find those cams!!

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps

Dope ass flick, but this shyt had me like :beli:

Ending was :sadcam: . But that scene at the end when they first ran into the apartment complex court yard :rudy:

All those automatic weapons blasting and the only damage done is a cop getting shot in the hand :wtf: No fukking way.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Was really really good.
I was getting a sense of foreshadowing about Pena's character's end by how morally righteous he was. I knew he was going to die....

:damn: @ the Cartel fukking up the cops...took one vet's eye out, beat a rookie female to the brink of death, gunned down 2 (killing one)

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Saw this last night with my girl, movie was dope. David Ayer know he gets his hip hop in at the right time in his flicks......me and ole girl were both spittin that sh1t word for word when this came on.....:gladbron: :clap: :dead:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This movie was INCREDIBLE. I laughed, I cried, and then I laughed again. Brilliant fukking movie, I honestly have a new found respect for cops :ld:

heard tons of sobbing at the end in the theater, I got a little teary eyed, I was high as fukk. Wasn't ready for that shyt.

The acting :ohlawd:

The natural dialogue :lawd:

the comedy :russ:

the action :ohhh:

the sadness :to:

the funny ass ending to lift your spirits :ahh:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right. Caught me completely off-guard. Watch white folks start looking for that record.

the fukk you talmbout start looking for that record????

that shyt was all over the radio, mtv breh

even my grandma knows that song