End of Watch

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'll peep it next week sometime but real talk David Ayer needs to expand into some other territory.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's a solid movie but not a classic. Kill yo self to the person who said it's better then Training Day. Acting wise, the 2 main characters are good and have good chemistry. It feels like they're good friends. The movie feels more of a TV show then an actual movie. Not saying it's like a TV show (except maybe "24" at parts because it's gruesome. You have to see it to know what I mean) The movie switches between their personal lives and life on the beat. It's best when it's life on the beat though.

Action wise it's good. Def. enjoyed one of the female gangstas. She was believable. Just wish it was a little bit more action. Ending felt "real" so I'll give it credit for that. I was sorta pleasantly surprised at some of the "family values" that was promoted in this movie. But again, this ain't a classic. You can wait to see this when it gets on HBO or see the matinee.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Just saw the movie. It was actually pretty good. The acting was good and so was the story line.

:damn: Blacks took so many L's throughout the movie. Opening scene, cops clap two black gang members. Blood getting beat up by the midget Mexican cop. Then the Mexican gang calling the black gang n!ggers, saying they are taking over your hood for the barrio, while plotting to kill them and then shooting up their spot, killing one of them. No retaliation in the movie either. Like the bloods were some punks. Two separate scenes where black people are showing lack of responsibility for their children. Is it that bad for black people in LA?

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just saw the movie. It was actually pretty good. The acting was good and so was the story line.

:damn: Blacks took so many L's throughout the movie. Opening scene, cops clap two black gang members. Blood getting beat up by the midget Mexican cop. Then the Mexican gang calling the black gang n!ggers, saying they are taking over your hood for the barrio, while plotting to kill them and then shooting up their spot, killing one of them. No retaliation in the movie either. Like the bloods were some punks. Two separate scenes where black people are showing lack of responsibility for their children. Is it that bad for black people in LA?

I coulda swore that gangsta Mexican girl called herself or her one of her people nikkas too

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Pretty good buddy cop movie...the ending is really bitter sweet and nearly left me :to:...even though I lightweight saw it coming...it was still :( to see it go down....

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It's a solid movie but not a classic. Kill yo self to the person who said it's better then Training Day. Acting wise, the 2 main characters are good and have good chemistry. It feels like they're good friends. The movie feels more of a TV show then an actual movie. Not saying it's like a TV show (except maybe "24" at parts because it's gruesome. You have to see it to know what I mean) The movie switches between their personal lives and life on the beat. It's best when it's life on the beat though.

Action wise it's good. Def. enjoyed one of the female gangstas. She was believable. Just wish it was a little bit more action. Ending felt "real" so I'll give it credit for that. I was sorta pleasantly surprised at some of the "family values" that was promoted in this movie. But again, this ain't a classic. You can wait to see this when it gets on HBO or see the matinee.

its better than Training Day, and im still alive and breathing.

And going back to their family made you like both cops more. Its a good thing. Thats what I am getting at when I say it wasnt on some super cops shyt like is standard of holywood cop movies.

I guess, but at least black people werent the bad guys in this one.Even gained some trust from the cops. Just saying, silver linings :manny:

Pretty good buddy cop movie...the ending is really bitter sweet and nearly left me :to:...even though I lightweight saw it coming...it was still :( to see it go down....
dawg, the ending :to:

truemaster

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA, Califas
5hit was dope, had a grimier no holds ”Southland” vibe to it. Any Southland fan will enjoy this one!!

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
its better than Training Day, and im still alive and breathing.

And going back to their family made you like both cops more. Its a good thing. Thats what I am getting at when I say it wasnt on some super cops shyt like is standard of holywood cop movies.

I guess, but at least black people werent the bad guys in this one.Even gained some trust from the cops. Just saying, silver linings :manny:

dawg, the ending :to:

How is this better? These two act better then Ethan and Denzel? The script is better? What? How is this better then a movie that Denzel got an Oscar for?