Emmanuel Mudiay was the best pg in the 2015 draft

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Yup. His defense is really good and he usually guards the better offensive player between him and Harriss.

That shot is still not falling consistently, but the form has improved markedly. And you're right, he rarely posts up.

I'm particularly high on him in part because despite his shot being so poor, he still has a huge impact on his teams success.

I've seen him hit a lot of clutch shots often enough to lead me to believe he'll get the shot falling. If he doesn't, he's looking Rondo-eque, but if he does then...

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No other rookie guard has made more defensive plays down the stretch of games than he has. Just needs to avoid fading in and out on defense at times, because when he's focused he has a lot of impact on that end. His shot needs a ton of work, but at least he can get into the paint with ease. I'd like to see him work on his post game in the offseason. He could be deadly as fukk from there, especially with his size.
What's your honest opinion on who's better with Russell/Mudiay right now??

Daps
What's your honest opinion on who's better with Russell/Mudiay right now??
Depends on what you mean by better? This is why it's hard talking about rookies in this manner, because you don't have a decent enough sample size to judge their play on. D'Angelo is definitely the better scorer/shooter, that's not even an argument at this stage. Everything else is pretty much advantage Mudiay. But again, that could chance in a month or two. Which is why it's best to let them play before turning it into this competition of who's the better player so soon.

Some Lakers fans have already made themselves look stupid because they jumped the gun on the Randle v Jabari comparison.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
the way the league is moving towards spacing and the threepoint shot, its clear who has the brighter future.

no doubt mudiay is the more explosive of the two

but d'angelo showing why he gon b a star for a long time in the league. hes got legit consistent range

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Depends on what you mean by better? This is why it's hard talking about rookies in this manner, because you don't have a decent enough sample size to judge their play on. Especially PGs. D'Angelo is definitely the better scorer/shooter, that's not even an argument at this stage. Everything else is pretty much an advantage to Mudiay. But again, that could chance in a month or two. Which it's best to let them play before making turning it into the competition of who's the better player.

Some Lakers fans have already made themselves look stupid because they jumped the gun on the Randle v Jabari comparison.

Why did you bring up Randle/Parker??

That says a lot about your feelings on Russell/Mudiay.:patrice:

Daps
Why did you bring up Randle/Parker??

That says a lot about your feelings on Russell/Mudiay.:patrice:
To illustrate how Lakers have been trying to compare their team's players to other players in the league that they don't even watch. Same thing applies here - Lakers fans comparing D'Angelo to a player [Mudiay] that they don't even watch, then fighting tooth and nail about how he's the better player.

I think both players have potential - I was never trying to turn this into a competition. :manny:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
To illustrate how Lakers have been trying to compare their team's players to other players in the league that they don't even watch. Same thing applies here - Lakers fans comparing D'Angelo to a player [Mudiay] that they don't even watch, then fighting tooth and nail about how he's the better player.
Is that all or some or a few or...the ones you argue with??:sas1:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I think both players have potential - I was never trying to turn this into a competition. :manny:

lmao @ fighting tooth and nail.

Dude, that's YOU. Russell is so much better than Mudiay at this point that it's not even worth arguing anymore. It's just funny seeing you deflect and being scared to admit you were wrong. :manny:

Daps
Is that all or some or a few or...the ones you argue with??:sas1:
I did make myself abundantly clear -
Depends on what you mean by better? This is why it's hard talking about rookies in this manner, because you don't have a decent enough sample size to judge their play on. D'Angelo is definitely the better scorer/shooter, that's not even an argument at this stage. Everything else is pretty much advantage Mudiay. But again, that could chance in a month or two. Which is why it's best to let them play before turning it into this competition of who's the better player so soon.

I never said all. :manny:

Daps
lmao @ fighting tooth and nail.

Dude, that's YOU. Russell is so much better than Mudiay at this point that it's not even worth arguing anymore. It's just funny seeing you deflect and being scared to admit you were wrong. :manny:
Let me ask you this question - how many Nuggets games have you seen this season? Answer honestly.

Daps
And LOL as if I ever argued that Mudiay was going to be the better player half way through their rookie seasons in the first place. It's half the reason why this argument is stupid to begin with, because I'd never suggest that players of their positions and skillsets would be better than one another before they've even played one season.

Lakers fans and their straw man arguments. :dead: