Emmanuel Acho On Angel Reese: “In sports, you can’t act like the big bad wolf, then cry like the cowardly dog.”

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Acho is embarrassing. There’s nothing wrong with what Angel Reese said. She’s a babe in the woods who got early money and success and - those who are in the scene know this - is a legit a$$hole. None of that means she isn’t a target of harassment, even if you believe she courts it and it comes with the territory.

The more interesting conversation is how we’ve collectively fallen victim to nihilism - economic, political, and racial nihilism. Crypto. Tribalism. Impotent troll discourse. And the language of grievance is the dominant language now. Black, white, Asian, etc. It crosses all boundaries. Everyone speaks from a starting point of trauma and grievance. It’s okay to be happy and successful. LSU won a title and almost made a final four the year after. All eyes on them, plus NIL bags. Everyone aint gotta be miserable all the time. But that’s the language of the culture.

Caitlin Clark is actually an a$$hole in her real life affiliations, but the thing she has done expertly is not lean into grievance and sorrow and tribalism. Which, by the way, makes her terrifying as a public figure. Her affiliations are NOT good. But she knows how to appear gracious and magnanimous.

Nobody wants to hear about your sads after you kept telling everyone to “get out your feelings and get a bag.”

And these kids aint Civil Rights activists or Black Panthers… they play college hoops for a fanbase and coach who wouldn’t piss on your grandmother if she was on fire. And none of their players are on Clark’s level. But Paige Buckets might be. And if not, South Carolina will probably beat Iowa by 10-20 points. The truth is LSU been relatively mid and dysfunctional all season. They brought almost the same team back and added an elite transfer and ended up a 3 seed.

Get some meaningful heroes and stop arguing with bots and imaginary race war soldiers. Imagine seeing blackness or radical politics as something defined by “I rooted for the one college team.” You fukkin dorks. Get some p*ssy.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Acho literally acknowledges Black woman are treated a certain way, but to ensure I make my commentary palatable for cacs, I will tell them to disregard that part in order to justify the very mistreatment their hate for Angel is housed on.

:mindblown:

c00ns in here agreeing with him is not surprising

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This would be an apt comparison if she was in the NBA or a professional.

She also doesn’t act like Dillon Brooks. We know this because Memphis couldn’t wait to see the back of him while LSU players were basically telling the media how much they love her.
She gettin paid NIL these folks ain’t amateurs when y’all pick and choose

Memphis front office don’t got nun to do with how DB’s teammates felt fr fr, I ain’t ever say she a cancer, I said she played a villain and she said that too

It’s sports it comes with it, gotta leave that intersectionality shyt outta it

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad take. You can't divorce the racial element because the racial element is what triggered the emotion. It's kinda like watching the Lebron "You guys have to go back to your regular lives" clip and going, "oh he's an a$$hole" without the context of wild shyt that cacs were saying and doing for the 12 months prior. You would have been ready to catch a murder charge on day 2. They had to eat that shyt for a year. The "villain" role is a coping mechanism to put on the appearance that the shyt you hear and see just rolls off your back. It doesn't.

Last edited:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Whitlock can’t let this challenge to his throne go unaddressed. He gotta come out with an even more embarrassing take and fast
giphy.gif

Them boys going to be fighting for the crown.
:russ:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I will say this. Did Angel Reese accept the Villain in 'Black' role yes. But she doesn't deserve the racist energy being thrown at her either. I mean some of comments being tossed at her were disturbing to say the least.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People hate Angel for the same reason people hated Sha’carri just a confident outspoken black women that trigger bruised little egos

For one ain't nobody out here "hating" Angel Reese:mjlol:

"Death threats" has become one of those go to unquantifiable sympathy cards:mjlol: