Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Eminems-Daughter-Hailie-Jade-Scott-and-Evan-McClintock-Are-Married-052124-1-c3d6102ed7fc41b49c6715590b4e687b.jpg

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
This is def gonna be an album strictly for his core audience. Def not one where it appears he's trying to appease the general audience or keep up with the current trends of music. Seems like he's content with making concept albums and appeasing his diehard fans and nothing more. As he should at this part of his career.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is def gonna be an album strictly for his core audience. Def not one where it appears he's trying to appease the general audience or keep up with the current trends of music. Seems like he's content with making concept albums and appeasing his diehard fans and nothing more. As he should at this part of his career.
The beat that was in the snippet in the teaser he posted yesterday sounded like straight Slim Shady

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'm coming into this album with low expectations. The fact that he's doing a traditional rollout this time has to mean he has a lot of confidence in the project and wants as many listeners as possible. Then again, the last album to get rolled out was Revival and................yeah.

Best-case scenario is an album with at least twenty songs (because Eminem's allergic to short albums) and 13-15 are worth keeping. A loose concept album so Em can justify having songs about toxic relationships and wanting to have sex with some white trash blonde outside of a Waffle House or something. Skylar produces now, so whatever song she's on is going to be on her own beat. Dre will have a couple songs on it and they'll probably sound like Relapse Dre, but not as good. There will probably be a guest rapper/producer we're not expecting and it will be disappointing. A fire posse cut, hopefully. And the album will start off strong with the first three or four songs, then slip up.

And punchlines. Lots and lots of punchlines. Nobody should be expecting 2002 Eminem to ever come back. He can't flow like that anymore and doesn't even try to. What he likes doing is over-enunciating his words now so you can almost hear the saliva in his inflections, and he's not going to scream, but he's not going to be smooth, so........something like his verse on "Lace It," I guess. I really want this album to surprise me, but at this point, I know better.