Eminem - ''Rap God'' [FULL SONG OUT NOW]

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
75% of the nikkas in here are weirdos, why take anything they say serious? these the same nikkas who gave Lil B internet fame, to these nutsac buffers everything overly wack is cool, in a fun and stupid kind of way, and everything overly dope is corny. this dude just dropped a song which is probably the greatest display of lyrical acrobatics on a commercially released track this millennium and yall sayin it's garbage? fukk are yall even talking about? :russ:. please drink poison.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
And someone mentioned this on another forum and I thought it was a good point - this song seems more like a freestyle/Despicable type of track. Doesn't seem like an album song.

Given the songs we've heard already it actually sounds like it plays right into what the album's concept could be about...I mean as far as we know survivor got added on to the track-list last minute. The whole concept for the lead single screams nostalgia and really paints a picture of who em's most important influences are. If the album is about Marshall Mathers the person having another turn to speak he's probably in reflection mode at this point of his career and his relationship with hip hop is probably going to be a running theme.

He's giving a nod to "the show" with the "6 minutes" at the beginning of the track which is something you'd have to know your history to catch, and then proceeds to show and prove that he can still get busy with more references to the types of artists that helped mold him as an MC. The fact that it's more of a freestyle/mixtape format just reinforces "taking it back to straight hip hop". He's even letting underground/unsigned nikkas know that he's conscious of them as competition, that's MC shyt.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I don't really like Recovery. He's just making music for Interscope at this point. He doesn't have to rebel anymore, he is one of the biggest stars on the planet. And it shows in the production, guests, marketing etc. I do like the fact that he can still show he has the skill on a track like this, but it's still not up to par with what he has done before. And that's ok, you can't expect him to be the same after selling a 100 million records, which also makes that you can't compare him to other mainstream artists.
Maybe he just ran out of steam. Like u said earlier theres nothing that can surprise us anymore. I think he's a shell of his former self. I know he had the drug problems and all but he's been away too long. He didnt take the type to adapt to the many changes this culture has went thru since his hiatus. He probably felt like hey I still got it they'll love me no matter what i do. It doesnt help the fact that im pretty sure he has nothing but yes men like royce who green light everything he does because of the impact that he has. Ima still check for the album but I have no expectations.

Prae

Pro
Daps
I said and without taking a breath for as long as Em has on this track.

Of course it "doesn't sound forced" when he's taking that many breaths of fresh air. Also, anyone can say "this sounds forced" as well.

Yea you're right. Em goes about 15 seconds of nonstop spitting around the 4:20 mark in his song. Not sure if anyone else can do that.

Given the songs we've heard already it actually sounds like it plays right into what the album's concept could be about...I mean as far as we know survivor got added on to the track-list last minute. The whole concept for the lead single screams nostalgia and really paints a picture of who em's most important influences are. If the album is about Marshall Mathers the person having another turn to speak he's probably in reflection mode at this point of his career and his relationship with hip hop is probably going to be a running theme.

He's giving a nod to "the show" with the "6 minutes" at the beginning of the track which is something you'd have to know your history to catch, and then proceeds to show and prove that he can still get busy with more references to the types of artists that helped mold him as an MC. The fact that it's more of a freestyle/mixtape format just reinforces "taking it back to straight hip hop". He's even letting underground/unsigned nikkas know that he's conscious of them as competition, that's MC shyt.
Well he took that directly from his I'm Back song. He saw the track was 6 minutes and went back and added that in from what I've read.

But yea it looks like that original line was in reference to Doug E Fresh - who I never cared to get into (and didn't grow up in that era). And all you had to do was look at rapgenius to see that reference.

And I really don't know what direction this album is going to go. Berzerk, Survival, and Rap God all sound vastly different and are all smack in the middle of the album. This album could end up all over the place.

You could be right about what the content of this album is - reflecting on his place in hip hop along with his influences. But I just feel like the song itself sounds like something he would do to show off in a freestyle/bonus type of track - it's not really a conventional song that you would expect to hear on an album. It doesn't really have structure and is all over the place with flows and content (I realize the diff flows were on purpose though).

I don't recall old school hip hop albums (although tbh I haven't listened to a whole lot) having freestyle type tracks - so I don't agree with you saying he's "taking it back to straight hip hop" by doing that.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
75% of the nikkas in here are weirdos, why take anything they say serious? these the same nikkas who gave Lil B internet fame, to these nutsac buffers everything overly wack is cool, in a fun and stupid kind of way, and everything overly dope is corny. this dude just dropped a song which is probably the greatest display of lyrical acrobatics on a commercially released track this millennium and yall sayin it's garbage? fukk are yall even talking about? :russ:. please drink poison.

:laugh:

I don't know about all that millennium shyt but it's dope, no need to over analyze it. Not gonna say if you don't like the record that you're a hater or have bad taste, but this type of shyt is made for nikkas who appreciate the art.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Yea you're right. Em goes about 15 seconds of nonstop spitting around the 4:20 mark in his song. Not sure if anyone else can do that.

Well he took that directly from his I'm Back song. He saw the track was 6 minutes and went back and added that in from what I've read.

But yea it looks like that original line was in reference to Doug E Fresh - who I never cared to get into (and didn't grow up in that era). And all you had to do was look at rapgenius to see that reference.

And I really don't know what direction this album is going to go. Berzerk, Survival, and Rap God all sound vastly different and are all smack in the middle of the album. This album could end up all over the place.

You could be right about what the content of this album is - reflecting on his place in hip hop along with his influences. But I just feel like the song itself sounds like something he would do to show off in a freestyle/bonus type of track - it's not really a conventional song that you would expect to hear on an album. It doesn't really have structure and is all over the place with flows and content (I realize the diff flows were on purpose though).

I don't recall old school hip hop albums (although tbh I haven't listened to a whole lot) having freestyle type tracks - so I don't agree with you saying he's "taking it back to straight hip hop" by doing that.

:snoop:

fukk is it with clowns on this site and rap genius? I didn't have to go there to get the Doug E Fresh reference, I grew up in this..and not to hate on your age/era or whatever but that's exactly what I mean when I said you kinda have to know your history to understand what he's getting at, it was some nikka in the berserk thread like "why is he doing his hands like that when he says scratch?"

:why:

People were initially saying survivor was pretty much made for the game and wasn't going to make the album...but even then what is he talking about on the record? All 3 songs connect content wise regardless of how different they sound, based on what I've heard and the personal nature of the album his legacy (he even has a song titled that) in hip hop is probably going to be the running theme.

Again, this was about showing and proving, his background in hip hop is really founded in the underground scene. Someone posted poet laureate in here...people like bis/chino and other straight spitters used to be his peers, he even mentions being an "underground king" and acknowledging unsigned/underground cats as his competition, if it seems to have a freestyle element that's because that's how he got here..

Is that a conventional rap song you'd expect to hear on an album? Basically the same type of track..to eminem, and a lot of people that know their shyt, that IS taking it back to straight hip hop.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

fukk is it with clowns on this site and rap genius? I didn't have to go there to get the Doug E Fresh reference, I grew up in this..and not to hate on your age/era or whatever but that's exactly what I mean when I said you kinda have to know your history to understand what he's getting at, it was some nikka in the berserk thread like "why is he doing his hands like that when he says scratch?"

People were initially saying survivor was pretty much made for the game and wasn't going to make the album...but even then what is he talking about on the record? All 3 songs connect content wise regardless of how different they sound, based on what I've heard and the personal nature of the album his legacy (he even has a song titled that) in hip hop is probably going to be the running theme.

Again, this was about showing and proving, his background in hip hop is really founded in the underground scene. Someone posted poet laureate in here...people like bis/chino and other straight spitters used to be his peers, he even mentions being an "underground king" and acknowledging unsigned/underground cats as his competition, if it seems to have a freestyle element that's because that's how he got here..

Is that a conventional rap song you'd expect to hear on an album? Basically the same type of track..to eminem, and a lot of people that know their shyt, that IS taking it back to straight hip hop.

It's no use man, there's barely discussion possible when it comes to Eminem on this board, or any big artist for that matter. Most of the people here deal in extremes, it's either classic/top 5/better than this {insert great rapper from the 90's}, or it's pure garbage and people couldn't listen to one song anymore.
I been going through alot of his old shyt lately though, totally forgot about this one:

MiC

Pro
Daps
almost 50 pages. love or hate no artist in the past 15 years made a bigger mark on music than eminem. the fact you all love talking about him shows that. you dont become the biggest artist of a decade without picking up a few haters along the way

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Holy shyt!

Em went ALL the way in. There is no lyricist close to this dude except for Nas.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

And the fact that Kendrick Lamar is the ONLY other rapper featured on the album lets u know that song is going to be NOTHING but bars...which is what hip-hop is suppose to be about...but hey :yeshrug: