Eminem - ''Rap God'' [FULL SONG OUT NOW]

Daps
I wonder how Em picks production.

Paul: Hey Em, Timbo and Pharrell just sent over a batch of beats for your project
Marshall: Nah...
Paul: Okay, Alchemist has been in the studio for 8 days straight cooking up beats for you
Marshall: Whatever...
Paul: Those TDE guys have like 3 CDs full of beats for you
Marshall: No thanks...
Paul: You can have any beat from anyone, what are you looking for??
Marshall: I'd like the most generic and soulless beats you can find on a mainstream level. Any Young Money leftovers they dont want? Make sure they arent good okay? No samples or soul or youre fired. I want to yell and babble over them like a shytty Tech N9ne
Paul: ....
Marshall: I'm going diamond bro
Paul: Tru tru

:beli:
:camby:

Ranger21

Pro
Daps
I think its just a lot of people who don't like the track are over Eminem. He just doesn't make music that is captivating and just ran out of things to say. He can rap fast but so can many others but cuz em does it everyone is supposed to go crazy? Its not impressive and it doesn't progress him as an mc. People are still enthralled by his zany personality and wild delivery but it doesn't do nothing for me.

He raps "fast" for 1 min of the song tho....its a 6 min track

Ranger21

Pro
Daps
OK...he just needs to make better tracks.

Seems like a large majority of people who like Eminem believe this is a good track. Only people who are hating are those who say "i could never relate to that white guy from day one, he is corny"

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think its just a lot of people who don't like the track are over Eminem. He just doesn't make music that is captivating and just ran out of things to say. He can rap fast but so can many others but cuz em does it everyone is supposed to go crazy? Its not impressive and it doesn't progress him as an mc. People are still enthralled by his zany personality and wild delivery but it doesn't do nothing for me.

Why is it whenever a rapper ain't speakin on depressive shyt people gotta act like they ain't got nothin more to say? This song is about Em taking pride in his craft and addressing all the people who criticize his deeds and his music. If you had an outlet to do the same, wouldn't you?

How is that not sayin anything? It's important to HIM.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
just because you dont like him anymore doesnt mean everyone else doesnt like him anymore
I agree. But people are mad cuz people are calling the track meh or garbage. Its all opinion and taste of course but once again some people are just over Eminem. His fans usually like anything he puts out.

Prae

Pro
Daps
For the people who dont like this song, what kind of song would you like to hear from eminem?

Is there anything he can do to impress you or are you just going to hate regardless....

I don't not like the song, I think it's decent but nothing special.

But ideally:

- Simpler straight forward delivery. Since Relapse (accents) his delivery has been off. Recovery he started developing the habit where he raps normal speed to fast within lines, normal volume level to yelling, and changes it around numerous times within a verse/song. And he does way too much fast rapping that he never did much of on SSLP/MMLP/TES (although prior to blowing up he did). Too much rappity rap. His delivery got worse on Hell The Sequel. Although it sounds a little better on this song, I still don't like how its all over the place. Musically his recent stuff just doesn't sound all that great.

- Better wordplay/metaphors/punchlines w/e. Dude used to come up with genius stuff. These days his "smart" lines are pretty dumb (gun it like g-unit without the hyphen)
All that gibberish you was spittin, you need to kill it
cuz your style is like dying in my sleep, I don't feel it
This rap shyt got cash coming out the blue like nude cops
I get you blunted off of funny home grown
cuz when I smoke out I hit the trees harder than Sonny Bono
so if I said I never did drugs
that would mean I lied and get fukked more than the president does
My mind's got a mind of it's own, sometimes I can't find it at home
It hides in the stove (Hello, where you at?)
shyt, talk about your brain being baked
My shyt's still in the oven on 480 degrees
etc...

- Better content. This is probably asking too much because he has clearly ran out of things to rap about. But everything on Recovery, and these most recent songs have lacked good content and sound all over the place. They are bland. Even when he made songs about nothing in the past, the content was still interesting and just sounded better. A song like Role Model or Soldier or I'm Back or many other Eminem songs didn't have some overly specific lyrics and it was just rapping, but the individual lines still had more substance than what he's been putting out recently.
Some of this song does have decent content, but on the whole it's just not as good as what he's done in the past, and is probably 4 minutes of filler

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Why is it whenever a rapper ain't speakin on depressive shyt people gotta act like they ain't got nothin more to say? This song is about Em taking pride in his craft and addressing all the people who criticize his deeds and his music. If you had an outlet to do the same, wouldn't you?

How is that not sayin anything? It's important to HIM.
Rapping about depressing shyt doesn't always equate to substance. Unless that's what u consider substance has to contain .

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rapping about depressing shyt doesn't always equate to substance. Unless that's what u consider substance has to contain .

Nah I'm just respondin to you claimin he ain't sayin nothin.

Not tryna get at you but it's like I don't even know what that means. Guy pours out his heart on a track and unleashes a fukkin lyrical rampage on the haters and still he gets shyt. You know you can't win when you speak on real shyt and STILL can't get a co-sign.

Song is called Rap God. RAP GOD. The name of the song speaks for itself. After 6 minutes if you ain't bowin down to the man's holiness as an MC I don't know what to tell you cause he pretty much just put EVERYTHING out there.