Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
7e7741186661.gif

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Im not an Em fan whatsoever.. but this song goes.

he gets my nod fo sho on this...

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
I actually like Survival and Bezerk (I would like to see a remix of it with The Beastie Boys, that would be :blessed:) this one I'm not feeling the beat but the flow is on point tho.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OMG...you guys don't listen...

I'm convinced

How am I not listening? I listened to Em when people thought he was "white and corny" in the mid 90's before his deal. I liked his first 2 albums because of what he said. Spitting fast doesn't impress me. I like lyrics. This song was cool. Because it's EM it's gonna be way overrated.

I liked Em. Just not drinking the Kool Ade like everyone else. 2 Horrible but successful singles and a track of him rapping fast isn't gonna make me a believer again when dude actually had clever bars before everyone got on the bandwagon. Wake Up Shows, Rap Olympics, Slim Shady EP. That's when I started listening to EM. He isn't the same artist and his songs have little to no replay value. I'm not just gonna jock his shyt cuz "OH my god it's Eminem!!!??!?" FOH.

Seth Brundle

Sick with it
Daps
Consistent with mmlp he absolutely murders an unremarkable beat. He drops dated references to contextualize the material within that mmlp world, and it fukking goes. If you hate on this I figure you're a youngun. Technical wizardry, the art of rhyme. Song's dope.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How does Riff Raff get better beats than Em?... Like Em and the "legends" around him have some of the worst ears for beats. There thousands of great producers... How does he get such shyt beats.

You can not compare eminem's ear to riff raff.
Riff raff came up in an entire culture of swang'n, exactly in the swisha house/color changing clique era.
With beats that at the time.
had to work to gain cultural significance to permeate in eminem's region from a grassroots level.
When the culture that riff raff comes from.
had to work to gain cultural acceptance and it was not easy.
So, of course a guy who came up in the Houston scene.
Built around a candy slab, and swangers is going to have a better appreciation and ear for that style of production.
Than eminem who is from the Midwest and a cultural actual real bboy.
Who grew up in a region where, that style of production was not yet, culturally accepted.
Case in point,..
When CCC, made their classic in 1996.
Eminem was making infinite, which was built upon copying illmatic/az. with traces of ll's one shot at love style record in making.
Plus, rap was In a fukked up stage commercially,and culturally. shyt the year both scenes and material from both artist caught pr fire from that grassroots level.
Was one of the first all time worst in rap.
Out of that, sprung up new expressions using rap and the production.
Which was more indicative of those regions.
looking for some type of individuality or independence from the wrong region.
Namely the south emancipating itself from the west at the time.
CCC was about making music reflective and original from their grassroots culture. That was built on what was considered taboo production wise at the time culturally in hip hop.
Which was screw, and Miami bass,..
Which at the time was called bootie music, as a slight from bboys.

So, you can not hold eminem's ear hostage comparing it to riff raff's.
If that's the case, then we need to hold riff raff completely accountable for all the cultural mockery, of hip hop. riff raff makes in error, culturally.
Especially when it comes to rehashing the style of a sellout.
That was forced out for an exact reason culturally.
That made it so eminem had to become that studied of an emcee.
then, after we do that.
We force riff raff to make records.
where his skill can never technically be used to show up on different sonic landscapes.
Meaning, we expect riff raff to pick boombap beats.
that are of the same calibur of dopeness as he would normally pick in his comfort zone.
Plus, after that we actually zero all the way the fukk in on his actual rap skill, too.

In other words,...
That pass system you constructed to give riff raff the time of day.
Eminem should be more than afforded a much larger luxury.
No way, you can be this critical of eminem.
Who is argueably the only real true major label bboy, who is a major's flagship artist.

The production on this eminem record is made in the same vein of mixing the best presentation of this type of production to eminem's audience.

You dudes, completely forget eminem is the largest rap gateway artist in the history of rap.
He is not supposed to have production, every track that does not act as a gateway to rap as the largest consumer product.
This track is a perfect gateway to this type of rap record.
You could either be a noob rap fan and get cues to branch out into a number of genre directions and underground/mainatream directions, from this track.
You could listen to large selling underground tech nine style draw.
Or underground little known guys like mac lethal's my mother's a gangsta bytch, or whatever the name of that record is.
Or, you could branch out to any type of trap to swag tap of any mainstream to lesser known variety.
All because of the accessibility of eminem's production on this record.

I keep telling you fools,...
if you are black, we do not know sonically what traditionally resonates with eminem's pop white core fans.
Case in point, and i have said this before.
Eminem uses carni-horror based level production as his standard sonic template.
I am black,...
I have no idea what and why carniville music resonates, like that. Yet, eminem and the people of the like, who make his music.
Know what type of draw that is and how to cultivate it.
So, let eminem do that and his brand of music do that
The brilliance of eminem is you at least get to hear that, as a perspective of rap.
Plus, it is done in a way.
That if you know rap and the culture, really soundly well.
You should never be put off by it.

nuffin, is wrong with this beat from the standpoint of what larger major label artist do all the time.
In the case of eminem, he did not make a trap rap based submission.
He made a global genre based submission on this type of record.
That covers more than one regional submission for what is acceptable for this type of record.
that will be a gateway for his fanbase to branch out and listen to more rap
So, you really should not be judging it from this errant perspective production wise.
The beat on this record is dope.
in scope, it is a genre gateway production.
similar to the rnb posse cut break on jay's vol II, produced by Erick sermon.
It serves the same type of purpose.
Be a gateway digestible production work.
That works to link eminem to the draw of those style of records.
Plus, bridge a gap to eminem's fanbase as a gateway entry to more rap of this type.
Anyone criticizing the production.
I have to seriously, ask...
If you understand series of records, and how to make and sell them.

Art Barr

Last edited: