Eminem is a rapping robot, not in a good way

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
He's a souless white boy who has mastered the technical side of emceeing but is a terrible artist. Even his so called deep songs like Stan, the way I am, and cleaning out my closet are contrived and formulaic. The novelty of him being white has given him a pass for all his corniness that a black rapper would be ripped to shreds for.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hold on. I agree he is largely a soulless rap robot who have little to no artistic flair, and is instead 100% obsessed with the technical side of the art...but Stan is a classic SONG. It's not formulaic, it's very well done. He's got a small handful of songs like that, including Cleaning Out My Closet...White America...and a couple others.

Eminem is largely a battle rapper with an infinite budget. Can't really write songs outside of a few examples, and has had the ability to have hooks given to him. He seems to have very little interest in the poetic side of rap. When he expresses emotion it's largely one extreme or another, with no nuance. It's either "I'm fukking mad" or "I'm fukking sad" or "I fukking love you." I don't like songs like Mockingbird but at least shyt like that showed a vulnerable side to him...but even that song ends with him basically making a childish threat lol.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
He's a souless white boy who has mastered the technical side of emceeing but is a terrible artist. Even his so called deep songs like Stan, the way I am, and cleaning out my closet are contrived and formulaic. The novelty of him being white has given him a pass for all his corniness that a black rapper would be ripped to shreds for.
:comeon:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Em is an underground MC that went pop because of his skin color. A rapper not being big on musicality isn't a problem when you have a producer or a team that can guide their vision correctly, like Dre or the Bass Brothers.

As someone who has always liked that style of rap, I was happy to see him blow and bring underground skill set to the mainstream even if the means to get it there was white privilege. Him selling like he did created a clear conflict of interest between what he really is and being tasked with being a huge pop star. And the one producer that brought him over and allowed him to ride the fence in ways rappers of his ilk might not have been able to do, is off in space somewhere drinking muscle milk or some other weirdo gay shyt :mjlol:

As a writer he has always inspired me with his ability to rhyme and I still feel like he can rap his ass off, but he clearly can't handle the music side nor delegate responsibility to people in a way that is aligned with his skillset. I honestly think if he was open to it, Kendrick would be a great artist to EP a project for him.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Eminem is capable of making “timeless” music..

I can still listen to

If I Had
Rock Bottom
Stan
Lose Yourself

He just doesn’t have the consistency that other greats have in their music

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
That robot flow that’s used pretty much every song from him has alienated his fanbase totally

His “fanbase” became divided between people with good hip hop sensibilities and his white fans that don’t know other options other than Em and Em-like rappers (IT, Hopsin, Tyler, etc)

Mars

Superstar
Daps
That robot flow that’s used pretty much every song from him has alienated his fanbase totally

Lol.....If Eminem never made the BET Trump diss,he would have sold 650-750k.......The people he dissed did not buy this album,nor are they streaming his music.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Lol.....If Eminem never made the BET Trump diss,he would have sold 650-750k.......The people he dissed did not buy this album,nor are they streaming his music.
Did you really say this without reading the rest of my post :gucci:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Not trying to be conspiracist but cnn reported he died in a car crash and then the next day no one talked about it in media outlets. When he came back with relapse he looks different to me. Not saying he allegedly a clone like this new Gucci Mane but something clearly hasnt been right for a long time imho.
Nah he had soul up till 8 Mile. He got obssesed with the technical part of writing and forgot how to flow. Business is a good example of Em flowing effortlessly.