Embracer Group to start shutting down studios to save on costs

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is exactly what M$ is doing. Yet due to it being your team you’re cheering it on.

This is why I don’t want large scale consolidation. Period

Is this what Microsoft is doing? How long has embracer been in console gaming space:jbhmm:

The way embracer has moved since it was nortic is MUCH more similar to how Sony has moved since it acquired psygnosis

Also If you live in the US everything you consume is a product of large scale consolidation. Your favorite foods, movies, clothing, music...everything.

Trying to draw a line with videogames is silly.

This.

Microsoft also can decide to shut down studios if xbox isn’t bringing in money. What type of logic is that lol

Let's act like stuff doesn't just close down on there own.

I mean embracer group is built off the back of failed studios :mjlol:

:dahell:

How would you even argue something like this?

Restricting acquisitions to a select few companies would just give those companies way too much control over the industry.
I'm not suggesting restrictions on anything. Not sure how you came to that conclusion...

I simply don't like when companies that don't have consoles under their belt or especially non US or Japanese ones start acquiring studios aka IPs.

- *Tencent I'm a bit more ok with now however.

Also it's funny you mention giving the big 3 too much control over the industry when Sony literally is just 1 of the 3 with that control over the industry, yet we have people here who have zero problems with them and how they operate.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
lso it's funny you mention giving the big 3 too much control over the industry when Sony literally is just 1 of the 3 with that control over the industry, yet we have people here who have zero problems with them and how they operate

They only have control over the industry if you don’t count nintendo (or steam) :sas2:

And they are the default industry leader not because they are doing anything anti-competitive but because microsoft hasn’t put out a competitive product. Just like their other hardware businesses that failed

It wasn’t Apples fault the Windows Phone or Zune died

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is this what Microsoft is doing? How long has embracer been in console gaming space:jbhmm:

The way embracer has moved since it was nortic is MUCH more similar to how Sony has moved since it acquired psygnosis

Also If you live in the US everything you consume is a product of large scale consolidation. Your favorite foods, movies, clothing, music...everything.

Trying to draw a line with videogames is silly.

Let's act like stuff doesn't just close down on there own.

I mean embracer group is built off the back of failed studios :mjlol:

I'm not suggesting restrictions on anything. Not sure how you came to that conclusion...

I simply don't like when companies that don't have consoles under their belt or especially non US or Japanese ones start acquiring studios aka IPs.

- *Tencent I'm a bit more ok with now however.

Also it's funny you mention giving the big 3 too much control over the industry when Sony literally is just 1 of the 3 with that control over the industry, yet we have people here who have zero problems with them and how they operate.
People act like Ubisoft and Activision, and Take Two, and EA and all the other major publishers don't buy up studios and then end up shutting them down as well. This is just how the industry operates and it's been that way a long time.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They only have control over the industry if you don’t count nintendo (or steam) :sas2:

And they are the default industry leader not because they are doing anything anti-competitive but because microsoft hasn’t put out a competitive product. Just like their other hardware businesses that failed

It wasn’t Apples fault the Windows Phone or Zune died
:mjlol:

Microsoft has never been a hardware company, that's not really what they are going to excel at doing. Sony on the other hand has been, MS is doing what they have done from the jump take risk on the hardware end to push software and get people locked into their ecosystem.

Their gameplan legit hasn't changed since they bailed out apple of bankruptcy for competition, so they could continue to focus on software sales without being ruled a monopoly.

Now here in 2023, gamers are stuck on hardware sales even after seeing 2 console makers attack hardware sales from different angles.

Nintendo with using older hardware to save money and Microsoft with hardware being a means to a end for software sales..aka gamepass.

If MS is making money off any type of hardware sales at some point it's just lagniappe

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Microsoft has never been a hardware company, that's not really what they are going to excel at doing. Sony on the other hand has been, MS is doing what they have done from the jump take risk on the hardware end to push software and get people locked into their ecosystem.

Their gameplan legit hasn't changed since they bailed out apple of bankruptcy for competition, so they could continue to focus on software sales without being ruled a monopoly.

Now here in 2023, gamers are stuck on hardware sales even after seeing 2 console makers attack hardware sales from different angles.

Nintendo with using older hardware to save money and Microsoft with hardware being a means to a end for software sales..aka gamepass.

If MS is making money off any type of hardware sales at some point it's just lagniappe

K

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
its over :francis:

the days of risk taking from mid level devs is over. this why you got bungie making kitchen sink games.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

This takes the cake. This is the wildest shyt I've seen you post.

You're saying a company who has been making consoles for 2+ decades has never been a hardware company, and your argument for that is gamepass. Something they just started 6 or so years ago.

God damn.

I honestly don't think there is a smiley available that can describe the delusion of this post.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This takes the cake. This is the wildest shyt I've seen you post.

You're saying a company who has been making consoles for 2+ decades has never been a hardware company, and your argument for that is gamepass. Something they just started 6 or so years ago.

God damn.

I honestly don't think there is a smiley available that can describe the delusion of this post.

Gaming is a relatively small section of MS less than 10%

Them selling Xbox aka hardware for the last 2 decades doesn't make them a hardware company.

Them pivoting to lean more into the service and side of gaming to make there profit falls in line with what they have always done as a company.

I don't know what's so confusing about that.

I could walk into almost any electronic store and probably touch five or more pieces of hardware from Sony, meanwhile I'd be lucky to find any hardware from Microsoft outside of Xbox related items.

Meanwhile Sony who has always been a hardware company is shockingly excelling at selling hardware. From TVs, to CD's and DVDS, Walkmans to cameras and home electronics...

But sure I'm the delusional one.

Half A $

Pro
Daps

Gaming is a relatively small section of MS less than 10%

Them selling Xbox aka hardware for the last 2 decades doesn't make them a hardware company.

Them pivoting to lean more into the service and side of gaming to make there profit falls in line with what they have always done as a company.

I don't know what's so confusing about that.

I could walk into almost any electronic store and probably touch five or more pieces of hardware from Sony, meanwhile I'd be lucky to find any hardware from Microsoft outside of Xbox related items.

Meanwhile Sony who has always been a hardware company is shockingly excelling at selling hardware. From TVs, to CD's and DVDS, Walkmans to cameras and home electronics...

But sure I'm the delusional one.
yeah it’s less than 10% because they’re fukking shyt at it.