Elway Young and Marino.

• Total voters

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
marino and young are on a different level than elway.
elway is one of the most overrated QBs ever.

you can argue marino over young or young over marino...but elway is definitely the worst PRO QB on this list, easily

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I want a qb to get me to a super bowl consistently. ELWAY. Yall can have all the stats, i want rings.

biggest bullshiit ever. elway had a dominant D get him to superbowl multiple times and he failed in all of them

took shanny and TD to get him a ring.

those 1997 and 1998 years turned him from being a borderline HoF to being better than marino or young ?
:rudy:

before 94...elway had a td/int ratio of 1:1. which is terrible

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not even here to disrespect Elway either. He had a rocket arm and he had some mobility. I appreciate some of his late game heroics.

With that said, He didn't win a Super Bowl until he was past his prime and TD was wreckin shop.

People in here talking about Young supposedly coming up small in big games.. :rudy:

Elway was terrible in the Super Bowl vs. Washington (36.8 rating, 3 picks), he was terrible against the niners in the Super Bowl (19. 4 rating, 2 picks) and he didn't do shyt against Buffalo the following year. He had more than his share of shyt performances in big games.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
elway being a playoffs hero is also overblown...and thats an understatement

elway in playoffs
27 tds/21 ints 54% 7.63 y/a

marino in playoffs
32 tds/24 ints 57% 6.46 y/a

young in playoffs
20tds/13 ints 62% 7.06 y/a

elway easily has the worst td/int ratio, has the worst TD% and his int% ratio isnt the best either.

the only thing he did better was average more yards per pass play. and thats understandable because he easily had the best running backs out of these 3. 49ers and Phins were passing teams.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
No it isn't. He beat the Cowboys in '94 and the Packers in '98. He had a couple so-so games against the best teams of the decade? so what? Rice wasn't even there in '97 and Young was out early in '96. Grbac played the game. Go do some research. What the fukk did Elway do before he got a running game? He was a choker.

because the 49ers werent one of the best teams of the decade :what:

Young had some bad playoff games, no need to pretend he didnt because you like the 49ers.

And thats not to hate on Young either, and I dont care much for postseason stats in showing a player's greatness. But no need to pretend like those performances didnt happen.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He had some mediocre performances but nothing like the way Elway shyt the bed in a couple of those Super Bowls.

My post wasn't so much directed towards you as it was directed towards the notion from some that Young "doesn't belong in the conversation" with these two.

I think Marino was better but not Elway..

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
biggest bullshiit ever. elway had a dominant D get him to superbowl multiple times and he failed in all of them

took shanny and TD to get him a ring.

those 1997 and 1998 years turned him from being a borderline HoF to being better than marino or young ?

before 94...elway had a td/int ratio of 1:1. which is terrible

So steve young needed no help to get to a superbowl? Only once he made it. Regardless of the help elway had, he still made it to the big game 4 more times than ya boy.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear, nikkaz annoy me to no end about this. Back in the early 90's the NFC was a beast. Teams had to deal with either the Cowboys, Giants, Skins and later on the Packers. All SB winning teams. Why don't folk recognize this? Steve Young was losing to the Packers and Cowboys...teams that went to the SB and in most cases won!

Elway got to the SB in an AFC with no super teams. Kelly got there 4 times by beating good teams, but none were great. He got demolished in the SB...as did Elway until he found a running back.

Elway and Aikman are two of the most overrated QB's in NFL history.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
anyone who says elway > young or elway>marino doesnt know what theyre talking about, sorry.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
So steve young needed no help to get to a superbowl? Only once he made it. Regardless of the help elway had, he still made it to the big game 4 more times than ya boy.
EVERY QB..fukk it, every PLAYER in the league needs help getting somewhere

point is for being a supposed top 5 QB of ALL TIME dude couldnt get shiit done in the big game with a dominant defense to boot...his playoff numbers in those playoff games are shiit. dude was tony romo of the late 80s

again, before 94, elway's stats were pedestrian as they get.

and if your analysis is dependant on the "he got more times to the superbowl therefore he's better'...well, you're being retarded

young had a much shorter career but at his prime he was superior to elway.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
anyone who says elway > young or elway>marino doesnt know what theyre talking about, sorry.
Elway's a bit overrated, but let's not get carried away here. His TD-INT ratio and stats all around dramatically improved in 93 when Shanahan took over (I think that was the year).
Yeah he put up wack numbers up until that point but let's not look at them devoid of context. QB numbers across the board were considerably lower before everyone got a west coast offense in the 90's and he was playing Dan Reeves dinosaur ass offense until 93. And his weapons were shyt (please don't bring up the 3 amigos, 3 average receivers that never made even made Pro Bowls that somehow got a nickname).

He's difficult to gauge because he had bad stats for the first part of his career, but he did take unimpressive teams to 3 Super Bowls during that period with clutch playoff performances and he won two later when he had a beast of a team.

And he did NOT have dominant defenses in the 80's...not even close. In 86 they ranked 15...bottom half of the league. In 87 they were 7th.

If you want to say Elway is overrated cool, but to act like he was some kind of nobody who got carried by great teams is ludicrous, as is saying anybody who puts him ahead of Steve Young doesn't know what they're talking about, unless we have some kind of reality-altering machine that can show us how Elway would've played in the 49ers in the 90's and how Steve Young would've played in Dan Reeves system in the 80's.