Elizabeth Warren wants to CANCEL all STUDENT DEBT

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
This shyt is very interesting. I'm 37 and the boomer generation really didn't do anything to keep college (or cost of living in general) in check for us and younger generations. College was so cheap for them that you hear stories of people paying for college by mowing grass over the summer and shyt, these are the people that led us to the slaughter when tuition skyrocketed and they think we just not working hard enough. We might have to be that generation that helps fix this shyt for the younger kids. We have to think about how older generations left us out here lookin crazy, and how not to repeat that. So yeah this has my attention.

Shang Tsung

All Star
Daps
I graduated debt free. The secret was going to a school I could afford and taking advantage of scholarships and grants

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So many wannabe millionaires in here it’s nauseating. The 1% have been bailed out ad-nauseum. Where was this energy at when AIG, Long Term Capital Management, the big investment banks and the auto companies needed “financing” to remain solvent?

People should pay back their debt but the flip side of that is employers should have honored the agreement to hire graduates. People didn’t go to school for the fukk of it. The media and employers beat it into their heads they needed a degree to be hirable only to turn around and say :troll:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Because I like to get this shyt paid off as soon as possible instead of taking on another major debt burden. I overpay my monthly payments. Also with debt comes emotional stress in having it hang over your head. I don't want to add to that. I make good money but live modestly mainly to pay off credit card debt that I incurred during college for living expenses along with student loans.

By the way, what does them being Asian have to do with anything? :dahell: These Asians you speak of seem to be making a worst financial decision then I am. Let those Asians try to keep up with the Jones. Your post reeks of a subconscious inferiority complex and "White (asian) man ice water is colder". Fix that :picard:
Americans are so damn selfish.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Go to schools you can’t afford and get shytty degrees that won’t get you a job then hope someone wipes your debt away. What is her plan to wipe it away? If it has anything to do with more taxes I’m out on that. But if she wants to use her money and all the other billionaires money I’m down.

Is she going to make college free then after cause what’s the point of wiping away debt just more ppl can accumulate more in the next 20 years.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:what:
No it’s not.
It's the very reason this thread exists. Education costs have moved beyond their ROI.

The idea that a student has to potentially choose an inferior education because they cannot afford the degree they earn is completely at odds of the purpose of a higher education system.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
What they should do is eliminate college loan debt for every person that has paid the sum of their loan plus 25%....For Example...If I took out a $50,000 College loan, and have paid a total of 62,500...My loan should be forgiven.

In most situations, the problem isn't the loan amount. It's the accumulated interest.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
It's the very reason this thread exists. Education costs have moved beyond their ROI.

The idea that a student has to potentially choose an inferior education because they cannot afford the degree they earn is completely at odds of the purpose of a higher education system.
Let’s be real. Not everyone deserves to go to Ivy League schools, Stanford, university of Michigan, northwestern, UCLA or shyt like that.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The amount of babies that will be made when it passes :blessed:

U.S. Population gonna book and stocks are gonna boom

I always said that financial hardships is another form of eugenics. Once College debt frgiveness passes, watch how the economy going to go back to the late 90s level.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I graduated debt free. The secret was going to a school I could afford and taking advantage of scholarships and grants

Go to schools you can’t afford and get shytty degrees that won’t get you a job then hope someone wipes your debt away. What is her plan to wipe it away? If it has anything to do with more taxes I’m out on that. But if she wants to use her money and all the other billionaires money I’m down.

Is she going to make college free then after cause what’s the point of wiping away debt just more ppl can accumulate more in the next 20 years.

No offense, but this is spouting BS.

No reason for new books to be $2000 with a new addition coming out every year.
No reason for students not given the choice of testing out of classes

A large majority of students would actually work and pay for classes, but guess what? It's not even worth. My Economics professor told the class it's not worth it working in school anymore because the costs really aren't offset. Boomers could do that, we can't. I disagree with making College free, everyone should pay, but bring back those days where you could pay for classes with a retail job

Even state colleges are expensive these days, you paying $30k or more, so there's really no such thing as schools you can afford. Unless you do what I did and go to community college for an Associates which still doesn't address getting a bachelors later down the line.