Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Warren studies policy.

She knows how to incrementally establish policy in ways that affects MORE people.

He knows revolution isn't possible.

So when she issues detailed specific policy, she puts forth numbers and data that she can use to measure her arguments.

Bernie just issues widespread issues with no numbers so when he runs up against republicans he plays dumb and blames them for not following his policy instead of putting SOME points on the board.

With Warren you get actual points on the board.

It's dope that Warren has taken some of Bernie's templates and made them more ambitious for damned sure. Bernie's wealth tax plan last time was on the .1% rather than the .2% in 2016; his M4A plan was missing the Pell Grants expansion which is a great addition from Warren. And I think that Warren is the GOAT at explaining the wonk side of legislation...I pegged her as the bridge between Progressives and Centrists back in October because she's so good at that ish. She's proof positive we can get the party united around bolder legislation than party leadership seems willing to support (in my eyes).

I like Warren a lot but her policies have no more chance of passing a Republican Senate than Bernie's do. I would be happy with either one winning the nomination but let's not pretend that he's some dreamer idealist with crazy policies and she's has much more reasonable policies with a greater chance of passing in Congress. The fact is the two of them cosponsor most of the policies that the other comes up with. This isn't Bernie and Hillary, where people pretended that they agreed on most things when they were actually very different. These are two very similar candidates with very similar goals. Let's try not to tear down either one in trying to support the other.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I like Warren a lot but her policies have no more chance of passing a Republican Senate than Bernie's do. I would be happy with either one winning the nomination but let's not pretend that he's some dreamer idealist with crazy policies and she's has much more reasonable policies with a greater chance of passing in Congress. The fact is the two of them cosponsor most of the policies that the other comes up with. This isn't Bernie and Hillary, where people pretended that they agreed on most things when they were actually very different. These are two very similar candidates with very similar goals. Let's try not to tear down either one in trying to support the other.

I will cast zero aspersions Bernie's way fam, that's my guy. I'm going dollar for dollar on my donations to both so far. I'm honestly curious as to what would happen if Warren dropped out because it's pretty obvious to me that the closest platform to Warren's will be Bernie's out of the rest of the field.

On that first note, I think it's realistic to say the Republican Senate will be obstructing ANY Democrat that could win. They did it to Obama and I don't think it's too bold to predict that the serious candidates to come out of this field will all have platforms to his left. I think it's necessary as hell to pair presidential discussions with the fact that they'll be hamstrung unless we're fighting HARD for Congress as well (and I've got some ideas for the Supreme Court too..not my own Vanderbilt Law's).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

They've gone at it in the past and I think they are on a trajectory to go at each other again.

:banderas::banderas::banderas:

The full quote is flames too. I wonder if Biden jumping in will end up boosting her because it'll call attention to that battle. I want her to jump into double digits pre-debates so damned bad.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Simple: Warren is gung ho on getting rid of the filibuster, Sanders is non-committal.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bernie. Offers. No. Details.

Thats the problem.

Warren is like the person who just does the group project for everyone else.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bernie. Offers. No. Details.

Thats the problem.

Warren is like the person who just does the group project for everyone else.

Details...
Read Bernie Sanders’s 2019 Medicare-for-all plan

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Sanders, who also sought the Democratic nomination in 2016, has backed the concept for years and offered similar legislation in 2013, when it attracted no co-sponsors. Of 14 Democratic senators who have signed on this time, four are competing with Sanders for the Democratic nod: Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand and Elizabeth Warren. Gillibrand is the only fellow candidate who attended the rally.

And while he hasn't set a specific payment structure he did drop this last time around for how to pay for his plans...

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/options-to-finance-medicare-for-all?inline=file

So if you want to know the details to explain why Warren supports Bernie's ideas and vice versa, you can start by checking out some of this.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
half assed policy. you know it. thats why warren's comes off better.

You're lying about him not having details, Warren's plan is better off the expanded Pell Grants. The rest of the details run pretty damned similar right up to the tax ideas that would fund it. You're gaslighting...read instead.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
She can release a tape every week because there’s so real shyt happening every day up in the projects.

This country needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. I remember working for ACORN and going to a portion of North PHILADELPHIA that I did not knew existed. The blocks looked like it could stand in as a bomber out Beirut in a movie.

I also remember meeting a 70 year old pensioner. She donated $20 a month to the organization. And I also remember feeling sick to my stomach that I was taking this old lady’s money to fight for her.