Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Black women have two Black candidates to choose from. That's probably why. But they know that Warren is the better pick.

On the low a Warren/Booker or a Warren/Gillum ticket would run the boards on come election time. She could use a charismatic black man on her ticket. Especially a younger man who could use their role to run themselves in 8 years.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You should worry. No Dem is winning anything without our 70%. Lack of Hispanic outreach is why we lost Florida in 18.
Hispanic outreach is out there breh. I’m out here in Orlando and we tried to get as much ricans to vote as possible the problem is them Cubans in Miami that are solid gop voters.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Like with Sanders’s and Schatz’s plans, Warren’s vision calls for the federal government to partner with states that want to invest more in their public universities and match that state investment. While other plans have been dollar-for-dollar, or a 2-to-1 federal match, Warren wants the federal government to kick in two-thirds of the funding, making it a deal states would be hard-pressed to turn down.

Of course, all these plans have a catch; if states don’t want to take the money, their universities are left out of the equation. Warren is hoping to incentivize more states to join by upping the federal funding. But as the Affordable Care Act implementation showed, some states will refuse to take generous federal subsidies, even if they would benefit residents.

The claim here isn't that Bernie's plan is better or exactly the same. Warren took his template and went even further which is awesome. But Bakari was being disingenuous and tried to pivot away from the actual critique in that initial tweet...I do love the Pell Grant expansion though, Bernie needs to adopt that if it wasn't already in the plans (I assume some form of debt forgiveness is in the cards since the Sanders Institute was studying that and pushing the benefits).

It's annoying to have to respond in three separate threads to a post that misconstrued the point in the first place.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Like with Sanders’s and Schatz’s plans, Warren’s vision calls for the federal government to partner with states that want to invest more in their public universities and match that state investment. While other plans have been dollar-for-dollar, or a 2-to-1 federal match, Warren wants the federal government to kick in two-thirds of the funding, making it a deal states would be hard-pressed to turn down.

The claim here isn't that Bernie's plan is better or exactly the same. Warren took his template and went even further which is awesome. But Bakari was being disingenuous and tried to pivot away from the actual critique in that initial tweet...I do love the Pell Grant expansion though, Bernie needs to adopt that if it wasn't already in the plans (I assume some form of debt forgiveness is in the cards since the Sanders Institute was studying that and pushing the benefits).

It's annoying to have to respond in three separate threads to a post that misconstrued the point in the first place.
Bernie's plan isn't a plan. Its a dream. Thats the problem. He's envisioning something thats not even possible at the moment.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
You should worry. No Dem is winning anything without our 70%. Lack of Hispanic outreach is why we lost Florida in 18.

The problem is that many of ya'll don't come out and vote and when you do a significant number of ya'll vote for Republicans. Black Women overwhelmingly vote Democrat no matter what.

I know the DNC is trying to replace us Black folks though. :mjgrin:

Hispanic outreach is out there breh. I’m out here in Orlando and we tried to get as much ricans to vote as possible the problem is them Cubans in Miami that are solid gop voters.

Exactly.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What makes Warren's plan more realistic?
Warren studies policy.

She knows how to incrementally establish policy in ways that affects MORE people.

He knows revolution isn't possible.

So when she issues detailed specific policy, she puts forth numbers and data that she can use to measure her arguments.

Bernie just issues widespread issues with no numbers so when he runs up against republicans he plays dumb and blames them for not following his policy instead of putting SOME points on the board.

With Warren you get actual points on the board.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Warren studies policy.

She knows how to incrementally establish policy in ways that affects MORE people.

He knows revolution isn't possible.

So when she issues detailed specific policy, she puts forth numbers and data that she can use to measure her arguments.

Bernie just issues widespread issues with no numbers so when he runs up against republicans he plays dumb and blames them for not following his policy instead of putting SOME points on the board.

With Warren you get actual points on the board.

It's dope that Warren has taken some of Bernie's templates and made them more ambitious for damned sure. Bernie's wealth tax plan last time was on the .1% rather than the .2% in 2016; his M4A plan was missing the Pell Grants expansion which is a great addition from Warren. And I think that Warren is the GOAT at explaining the wonk side of legislation...I pegged her as the bridge between Progressives and Centrists back in October because she's so good at that ish. She's proof positive we can get the party united around bolder legislation than party leadership seems willing to support (in my eyes).