Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Paul knows better than this .business investment takes years not months . However I agree that it was a worthless tactic and any investments could have been folded into improving initiatives that support the different classes
That isn't his point. If we can be patient with business and eat the deficit we can similarly be patient and reap the benefits of childcare programs. Those programs unlike the tax cuts directly invest in the economy immediately and also increases worker productivity. :manny:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
That isn't his point. If we can be patient with business and eat the deficit we can similarly be patient and reap the benefits of childcare programs. Those programs unlike the tax cuts directly invest in the economy immediately and also increases worker productivity. :manny:

How do I literally say exactly the same thing you just said but you reply to me as if I said something completely djfferent ?

How does that work in your head?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
How do I literally say exactly the same thing you just said but you reply to me as if I said something completely djfferent ?

How does that work in your head?
The clear difference is I'm completely against this corporate welfare and there's no need to wait for investments because we know the windfalls corporations received either went directly in shareholders pockets or savings - - not investments.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I don't think universal programs, even ones that disproportionately benefit our people, can be counted as reparations. If reparations never entered the national discussion for the primary, then Warren's plan would still exist. Sanders is a proponent of universal programs that will disproportionately help African-Americans and other POCs but as of now he isn't a proponent of reparations.

Lastly the policy that @CBSkyline posted couldn't be considered reparations for slavery, it's oriented towards America's post-slavery apartheid practices.

All good points. Not much to disagree with.

So I'll just post some more about the Housing Bill.

Inside Senator Elizabeth Warren's Housing Crisis Fix - CityLab
A policy by any other name might be called reparations.

“It sounds very close to reparations,” says Jenny Schuetz, the David M. Rubenstein fellow at the Brookings Institution. “It sounds as close as you can go to reparations without making this explicitly funding contingent on the race of the applicant.”

But other experts in the field aren’t as convinced that Warren’s bill tiptoes anywhere near a proper definition of this term, which has tangled previous lefty Democratic presidential candidates in controversy. Warren’s bill tries to solve a problem that is explicitly rooted in race, but without mentioning race. That’s a strategy that could either narrow the gap or blur the issue.

Here’s how it works: Title II of Warren’s proposed bill establishes a new fund within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. This to-be-determined purse would provide down-payment assistance to first-time homebuyers in communities that were once subject to redlining. Redlining refers to the notorious practice under the New Deal by which the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation marked up residential maps to indicate risk for lenders, often assigning black communities failing grades. Legal redlining by lenders persisted into the 1970s (and discriminatory maps still surface from time to time). Formerly redlined neighborhoods are sites of deep racial disparities in home value and lending activity.

Under the new dispensation, homes in low-income census tracts that are within areas once graded as “hazardous” by the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation—or areas that were otherwise zoned for minority residents—would qualify for the down-payment program. To be eligible to receive the assistance (3.5 percent, good enough for a Federal Housing Administration loan), an individual would need to be a first-time buyer, a resident of the area for four years, and earning no more than 120 percent of the area median income.

So this part of Warren’s plan—titled “Reversing the Legacy of Housing Discrimination and Government Negligence”—is an effort to identify communities segregated by law and provide cash assistance to home-buyers in these areas. But the filters can only do so much. This formula cannot guarantee that white gentrifiers never qualify for a program intended for African-American and other minority buyers, although the bill seems to bear them in mind.

“She’s trying to target reparations to groups that have been harmed without writing them in such a way that they’re open to abuse or exploitation by people who moved into a neighborhood recently,” Schuetz says. “Those are often hard policies to get right.”

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Now the other shoe has dropped. I said earlier that Trump may regret towing that Pocahontas line. And there it is.

Now as for NA reparations. You now have two groups who are the backbone and progenitors of what we call America in a call for reparatory justice. Two groups that can't be denied. It'll be difficult to deny either of them at this point. And if Warren is backing her NA brethren. Then Booker and Harris are gonna look extra crazy ducking and dodging the reparations issue.

The more calculated and cynical reason is that Warren used reparations for FBA as a wedge to open the door for reparations for NA. And honestly, I'm fine with that as long as FBA reparations get done.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Now the other shoe has dropped. I said earlier that Trump may regret towing that Pocahontas line. And there it is.

Now as for NA reparations. You now have two groups who are the backbone and progenitors of what we call America in a call for reparatory justice. Two groups that can't be denied. It'll be difficult to deny either of them at this point. And if Warren is backing her NA brethren. Then Booker and Harris are gonna look extra crazy ducking and dodging the reparations issue.

The more calculated and cynical reason is that Warren used reparations for FBA as a wedge to open the door for reparations for NA. And honestly, I'm fine with that as long as FBA reparations get done.

Hmm I think she is doing what liberals have always done when the issue of black benefits comes up, they try to water it down by spreading it to other groups

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The clear difference is I'm completely against this corporate welfare and there's no need to wait for investments because we know the windfalls corporations received either went directly in shareholders pockets or savings - - not investments.

What the fukk are you talking about . That literally what I said, like verbatim

I realize you're just trolling now. I start of saying the sky is blue and you jump in the foray, talking how you disagree with what I said and then say "in conclusion the sky is blue"

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

But native americans already received reparations ...not perfect but they've actually had them

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
According to them, they didn't. :hubie: Can someone point to the reparations bill? :feedme:

From my recollection it was given through land and I believe they had a billion dollar settlement a couple years ago.

What's I'm paralleling is that ados haven't received land or monetary amounts.