Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i have a lot of thoughts about this, looking at things from both sides, but "optics" are all that matter to people so, you're right, it's ammo a bernie camp, who is afraid to even address black people, will use.

it's all good, one thing i've seen since 2000, the best candidate doesn't always win, and i've made peace with that

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
i have a lot of thoughts about this, looking at things from both sides, but "optics" are all that matter to people so, you're right, it's ammo a bernie camp, who is afraid to even address black people, will use.

it's all good, one thing i've seen since 2000, the best candidate doesn't always win, and i've made peace with that
I find it unsurprisingly hypocritical they are latching on to this considering how they disregarded the allegations from his 2016 campaign that came out last January.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Why would it?

I actually doubt "the optics" will matter at all. Not even 10% of voters are going to register this news and of those that do I doubt more than 1% change their vote as a result.

It is still very bad news, but only because of everything else going on. With Warren likely to be stuck in 3rd/4th or worse over the first few states, she was already in a lot of trouble. News like this suggests a campaign operation in shambles in a critical state. If that many key staffers felt their contributions weren't being listened to, and that many key campaign managers were mismanaging their staff to the point where resignations at a critical moment seemed like the only option, it bodes very poorly for how well the operation is going in Nevada. For them to do that speaks too much about what the internal mood of the operation is. If WOC quit every time they found themselves in a bad work environment then half of them would be unemployed. I doubt they do this if they felt the campaign was winning.

And note the article isn't just about how WOC are being treated, but about how poorly the campaign is being organized in general in Nevada from the top down.

I find it unsurprisingly hypocritical they are latching on to this considering how they disregarded the allegations from his 2016 campaign that came out last January.
It's absolutely natural that they (and you) would immediately think of the campaign implications and how to play those. Notice WOC are complaining about their treatment, and how rather than dealing with it, several of you shot right to, "But Bernie!" and instantly marginalized the women's experience. I don't even blame you, the election feels all-encompassing at this point. But you should notice that both you and them are doing the exact same thing for the same reason. You're trying to win.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It's absolutely natural that they (and you) would immediately think of the campaign implications and how to play those. Notice WOC are complaining about their treatment, and how rather than dealing with it, several of you shot right to, "But Bernie!" and instantly marginalized the women's experience. I don't even blame you, the election feels all-encompassing at this point. But you should notice that both you and them are doing the exact same thing for the same reason. You're trying to win.

It seems like the fair response considering what had already transpired at the time of my post. Warren had addressed it head on and the women who had complaints accepted her apology and are still planning to caucus with her.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Where is this sourced from? I’m not seeing anything reporting her at 20%
New York Times.

7AOjjV2.png

Iowa Caucus Results 2020

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It seems like the fair response considering what had already transpired at the time of my post. Warren had addressed it head on and the women who had complaints accepted her apology and are still planning to caucus with her.

I don't think it matters. She's already a distant third in Iowa, doesn't appear to be in the running to win New Hampshire...she can't afford to be apologizing for bullshyt happening inside of her own campaign this deep into the election. I don't think what happened reflects her or what she believes...but it's a bad look.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I wouldn't call it shameless. It looks like a campaign coming to their senses and acknowledging the smartest implementation method. Warren is the best candidate and is where my vote is going, but in the event that she doesn't get the nomination, I'd still like to see her vision deployed over anyone else's.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don't think it matters. She's already a distant third in Iowa, doesn't appear to be in the running to win New Hampshire...she can't afford to be apologizing for bullshyt happening inside of her own campaign this deep into the election. I don't think what happened reflects her or what she believes...but it's a bad look.
Meh 12 delegates to 8.

In the end there was an issue within one of state campaigns and she accepted the criticisms and addressed them. I'm not sure it's that big of story at this point.