Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

@King Kreole how can this be combated?

I don't think it really can be. Warren has touched on this when she pushed back on the idea of "unilaterally disarming" in the fundraising race vs Republicans, and ultimately adopting publicly funded elections would go some way to mitigating the influence of dark money, but as the reddit post points out, this isn't simply an issue of money, we're dealing with a new era of propaganda. This gets to the fundamental nature of how we utilize technology in our society. We've opened Pandora's Box with the internet and social media, which is basically a psychological hack of the human mind that enabled a bifurcation of reality. For any society or country to function as a social entity, there needs to be a shared understanding of what constitutes reality. When that shared concept is allowed to fray and break apart, the social bonds that connect a national community together fray and break apart as well. I can see no way in which rabid Trump supporters and the rest of America can coexist in a single, unified social body. "Turning and turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer. Things fall apart. The centre cannot hold." America's problem isn't political, it's epistemological and existential. I'm 100% serious when I say America will not exist by the end of our lifetimes.