Elephant in the room

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What are you talking about:dwillhuh:

Both PS5s have the exact same internal hardware, they aren't pulling an Xbox. Did you complain about consoles having different sizes of hard drives too? Your PC hardware companies release hundreds of different video cards and CPUs. Some of y'all talk just to talk:hhh:
what im saying is that - the technology you will see in the PS5 Pro or Xbox Series X X or whatever dumb name Microsoft will come out with, 3 years down the road, is already available. Sony and Microsoft are budgeting right now, in a race (dont you miss when consoles had different release dates, I really dont understand the marriage that Microsoft and Sony have created to always be in competition even down to the release months and dates. Nintendo be doing its own thing and winning :hubie: ) and its completely dumbing / slowing down technology. Because as example if Sony would just wait 6 months to a year to release PS5, they would have way superior hardware -- which they will release 3 years under the "Pro" SKU and name but they HAVE to release the same time as Microsoft and vice versa to be in this race for who sells the most units the fastest.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210

If Sony waited to release they would lose market share and get less games and the console would be more expensive. Can't speak for anyone else I'm not in gaming because of hardware but games. I'm not spending over $500 on hardware to play any game though. I only care about hardware up to the point where it begins to effect development and performance of games.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If Sony waited to release they would lose market share and get less games and the console would be more expensive. Can't speak for anyone else I'm not in gaming because of hardware but games. I'm not spending over $500 on hardware to play any game though. I only care about hardware up to the point where it begins to effect development and performance of games.

$500 before or after tax
whats your limit on games?
Do you have a current TV capable of playing the new generation console games to their best capabilities?
Do you have to buy a 2nd controller for a sibling or friend?

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
$500 before or after tax
whats your limit on games?
Do you have a current TV capable of playing the new generation console games to their best capabilities?
Do you have to buy a 2nd controller for a sibling or friend?

Before and even then I never have spent that much.
I have a 4KTV but it can't do 120FPS.
I usually end up with multiple controllers so I can play games with my kids.

I have never bought any updates for consoles or handhelds. Just always stick to the OG version just like I have never purchased DLC unless it comes in the bundle. I have only bought two games at full price and that was DQ11 (love DQ) and Killzone (no discounts at launch). I view gaming as games first console second. I bought a neo geo pocket just to play the metal slug game on it. Bought a Saturn to play VF2 and Sega Rally. Got the OG Xbox just to play Panzeer Dragoon Orta and JSRF then sold it. I just buy the console the games I like are on. Maybe that's why shyt like gamepass and psnow don't hype me up because they have a ton of games. Doesn't matter to me unless they are the games I want to play. If companies want to sell multiple SKUs and what not it doesn't matter to me because I'm going to just get what I like anyway and the moment these games stop being entertaining to me is the moment I stop playing. I fukk around on here but I'm not that invested in video games or movies like that. It's only entertainment:manny:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Who cares at this point. Console generations are fukking to long at this point anyway.

and i trades my OG ps3 and og Xbox one in for PS4 pro and Xbox x and probably had to only spend like a 100 or so each for the upgrades. shyt a external hard drives that I woulda needed to store my games woulda cost more then that

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is overall a dumb argument. The mid gen refresh exists because there is a market for folks that want more power DURING the gen. Gens last a long time now, which is expected due to the economies involved.
Calling it "milking the customers" is just dumb logic. YOU can keep your base system for 7 years...I on the other hand will buy the bleeding edge shyt. Win/Win..no complaining needed.

Also you said you had your graphics card for 7 years and continued to be able to play on max settings that whole time...thats like saying the best card in 2013 can still play todays games at max settings. Unless we talking 1080p, stop it slime :francis:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Some of us don't buy hard copies of the games anymore and can't tell the difference between framrates and other shyt you techy guys always yap about, just want to play the next gen game. So a digital only lwer end console makes sense. Some of us go all out the rumble seats, the 6.1 sorround sound 8k 75 inch tv and want the best hardware to fit with our setup. in that case it's best to buy the higher performance version. not everyone is the same

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Some of us don't buy hard copies of the games anymore and can't tell the difference between framrates and other shyt you techy guys always yap about, just want to play the next gen game. So a digital only lwer end console makes sense. Some of us go all out the rumble seats, the 6.1 sorround sound 8k 75 inch tv and want the best hardware to fit with our setup. in that case it's best to buy the higher performance version. not everyone is the same
I do have to add that I'm not sure about releasing a stronger and significantly weaker console at the same time as part of a new gen is a good thing. It basically ensures that many of the upgrades in the stronger system will be underutilized due to making sure the game runs on both platforms.
Honestly the Series S may hold back the whole next gen in some instances with regards to 3rd party games.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This is overall a dumb argument. The mid gen refresh exists because there is a market for folks that want more power DURING the gen. Gens last a long time now, which is expected due to the economies involved.
Calling it "milking the customers" is just dumb logic. YOU can keep your base system for 7 years...I on the other hand will buy the bleeding edge shyt. Win/Win..no complaining needed.

Also you said you had your graphics card for 7 years and continued to be able to play on max settings that whole time...thats like saying the best card in 2013 can still play todays games at max settings. Unless we talking 1080p, stop it slime :francis:
theirs nothing bleeding edge about consoles so you just sound retarded in here

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
theirs nothing bleeding edge about consoles so you just sound retarded in here
Dont come at me with no PC fanboy shyt. You failed to refute my points. Also, the power that consoles provide at launch is usually on par or better than what is offered by PC at even double the price. So yes at launch consoles are usually relatively bleeding edge.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Dont come at me with no PC fanboy shyt. You failed to refute my points. Also, the power that consoles provide at launch is usually on par or better than what is offered by PC at even double the price. So yes at launch consoles are usually relatively bleeding edge.
You already agreed with my points in your 2nd post so what is their to refute