Elephant in the room

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I personally think that having a S and a X variant is a bad thing. The S should have been released later. Essentially MSFT are hedging their bets are to see what sells the most. As for digital variants of the top tier consoles, I don't see any problems with it as digital is the way of the future despite my reservations.

Any mid gen upgrades will cause more confusion.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Why try to exclude nintendo when they got an upgrade model planned for next year?

And like everything in life, the only consistency is that things ultimately will change. It's nothing shameless about providing a variety of options. The basic principle of consoles of just plugging in and playing, rather then really tinkering n shyt that you do with PC is still in effect, regardless if they have an enhanced sku.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Cheaper SKU makes sense, the Pro SKU makes sense depending on the generation. This generation it doesn't make sense.
How they integrate high refresh rates is what's really important.
I suggest looking into the xbox one X 120hz to get a better understanding for sole console gamers.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mindblown: so then what the fukk are you talking about the PS4 Slim for :mindblown:

The Pro was the only example used :mindblown:

mafukkas really retarded on here :mindblown:

having an actual adult conversation with everyone staying on the actual subject at hand is impossible here :mindblown:
I give up. You're trolling, or your reading comprehension is off today.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tmpYz9Bi0.jpg

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Corny.

I give up. You're trolling, or your reading comprehension is off today.
you mentioned the PS4 Slim. I never did.
Why try to exclude nintendo when they got an upgrade model planned for next year?

And like everything in life, the only consistency is that things ultimately will change. It's nothing shameless about providing a variety of options. The basic principle of consoles of just plugging in and playing, rather then really tinkering n shyt that you do with PC is still in effect, regardless if they have an enhanced sku.

i wasnt aware of nintendo doing that. It’s definitely shameless capitalizing on your already pretty stupid consumer base and now giving them even more options to blow money on slight upgrades or in some cases not upgrades at all (xbox 1x down to series s)
Companies releasing multiple consoles to maximize profits

:ohhh:
i know, the console business was crumbling before our eyes when it was just 1 ps3 and 1 xbox 360 :troll:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Doubt the arcadium is ready for this grown conversation yet even though majority of the posters here are grown :ld:

No one else finds it shameless that both xbox and playstation are coming out with multiple SKU's on launch date ? And will count both SKU's towards 1 sales goal to compete with each other ? Its basically saying, hey we couldn't make 1 complete great console that caters towards a definite console crowd so we are going to release welfare versions under the new generation names but will be barely more powerful than current gen (looking at you xbox series x)

The original idea of the console was supposed to be a single simple solution to video gaming. You plug it into the wall, you put the game in and it you play it. That was the argument all these years vs PC gaming where you had to customize your set up, your in game settings, etc.

But this is basically what Sony and Microsoft are doing. Different rigs, that can play games on different settings, that will require different TV's and internet set ups, etc.

I also found it shameless that half way through a cycle they release the "pro" versions of these consoles, almost no different then video game companies hiding characters behind a paywall/DLC package, Sony and Microsoft have all intentions of releasing multiple SKU's during a console cycle (and again adding all these sales towards 1 sale and boasting about it even though it took 3-4 models in that period to accomplish that).

what im saying is that - the technology you will see in the PS5 Pro or Xbox Series X X or whatever dumb name Microsoft will come out with, 3 years down the road, is already available. Sony and Microsoft are budgeting right now, in a race (dont you miss when consoles had different release dates, I really dont understand the marriage that Microsoft and Sony have created to always be in competition even down to the release months and dates. Nintendo be doing its own thing and winning :hubie: ) and its completely dumbing / slowing down technology. Because as example if Sony would just wait 6 months to a year to release PS5, they would have way superior hardware -- which they will release 3 years under the "Pro" SKU and name but they HAVE to release the same time as Microsoft and vice versa to be in this race for who sells the most units the fastest.

Im sure im not articulating this the right way but basically what im saying is, you arent getting neither Sony or Microsoft A+ effort on either of these release date consoles and theyre just bidding time til they can release a superior product just 2-3 years down the line and resell it to you guys for a few better frames per second or more guaranteed 4k resolution and they know people will buy them again, doubling their sales.

The days of companies releasing just 1 great console and it lasting 7 years are done.

Not even sure why I wasted my time typing this, no one reads anything past 3 sentences on here and since this is the home of the extreme stan im sure no one is going to read this with an open mind. Just my 2 cents.

N64 DD
Sega 32X
Sega CD
PS1 Portable

I get what you’re saying but that’s not how the economy works anymore. The market is so segmented and fractured that a one box so.ution doesn’t fit everyone’s needs.

You play fighting games and want 120 FPS yea that Series X is for you.

You a dude bro on a budget who just wants CoD and Madden yea get series S.

Video games are no longer immune to the market. Just be happy a crash isn’t in site.