Elder Scrolls Skipping An Entire Generation: Smart or Stupid On Bethesda's Part?

is it smart or stupid for bethesda to wait sooo long to develop another proper ES game?

• smart; the anticipation is going to be insane when Elder Scrolls 6 finally drops

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • stupid; it's been far too long since skyrim and there should've been a sequel out by now

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I have mixed feelings; I'm glad Bethesda is taking their time but ES6 has to be AMAZING for the wait

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Elder Scrolls is crap and no one cares about it so it doesn't matter

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
‘well if things continue the way they’ve been I wouldn’t doubt Witcher 4 comes out around the same time as ES6

Fair, but I still think cdpr lucked out, that less discerning casual audience loved Skyrim, kids loved Skyrim. But even my middle age barber told me he played witcher 3 lmao so I don't know.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
A new mainline Elder scrolls game skipped Xbox One/PS4 generation dumbass

We know this we literally begged Todd Howard for es6 and he blessed us with that flimsy teaser...:comeon: I thought they was gonna skip this generation...:mjlol: I was like :dahell:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Elder Scrolls mostly relies on the modding community in my opinion. They build a easily malleable foundation on which users can create.

With technological advancements, and the emergence of platforms of similar nature such as Roblox, that foundation becomes less and less valuable. That's not even talking about how other open-world games out here have changed the way people appreciate this type of games. It's going to be tough for some people to go back and accept the limitations inherent to the Elder Scroll model after playing the Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild.

I don't think people are that hyped about an Elder Scrolls 6 and I don't think they should be.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was playing (vanilla) Skyrim recently, and it's still a great game. there's an amazing amount of content in that game

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm excited for the Elder Scrolls 6 but they in the interim they could remastered 1-3 in the mean time and allow new audiences to experience those games.