Elder Scrolls Skipping An Entire Generation: Smart or Stupid On Bethesda's Part?

is it smart or stupid for bethesda to wait sooo long to develop another proper ES game?

• smart; the anticipation is going to be insane when Elder Scrolls 6 finally drops

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • stupid; it's been far too long since skyrim and there should've been a sequel out by now

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I have mixed feelings; I'm glad Bethesda is taking their time but ES6 has to be AMAZING for the wait

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Elder Scrolls is crap and no one cares about it so it doesn't matter

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Very smart considering how they've been able to consistently repackage Skyrim for the last decade so this next entry has to last just as long in their eyes.

Witcher 3 already put Skyrim to shame 6 years ago, no one really cares about bethesda games anymore outside of Doom. Until the acquisition they were becoming an annual E3 meme

Elder Scrolls and Witcher series aren't really comparable, one is way more established and still active. If you're a fan of games then Bethesda taking 6+ years to make a next gen rpg with their new engine is exciting. and Doom is iD

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I haven’t played 3…started new vegas but between the wack ass character creation for black ppl and the outdated look/play I didn’t even make it that far into the game so I don’t have any real expectations based on prior games in the series… @Gizmo_Duck spoke very favorably about it in the other thread so I’m quite taken aback by some of his comments in this thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Very smart considering how they've been able to consistently repackage Skyrim for the last decade so this next entry has to last just as long in their eyes.

Elder Scrolls and Witcher series aren't really comparable, one is way more established and still active. If you're a fan of games then Bethesda taking 6+ years to make a next gen rpg with their new engine is exciting. and Doom is iD
Which one is more established and still active, honest question.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t played 3…started new vegas but between the wack ass character creation for black ppl and the outdated look/play I didn’t even make it that far into the game so I don’t have any real expectations based on prior games in the series… @Gizmo_Duck spoke very favorably about it in the other thread so I’m quite taken aback by some of his comments in this thread

The gameplay on Fallout 4 aged like milk bro. shyt feels hella dated in 2021.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What do you mean it's skipping a generation?!?:what: it's still coming out for Xbox series x/pc?!?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The gameplay on Fallout 4 aged like milk bro. shyt feels hella dated in 2021.

gotta see for myself…just played sleeping dogs (2012) not to long ago and enjoyed the shyt out of it and made it thru mass effect (2007) which felt outdated even with the remaster…tons of mods plus an FPS boost might not make it feel as bad

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Elder Scrolls have been doing millions for a while now not that sales matter. I would rather replay morrowind 3 times over before replaying Witcher 1 once.

i think the argument could be made that the Witcher is the more popular game series right now. They got Witcher con

WitcherCon — July 9th — an online celebration of The Witcher

the entire series is at 50 million in sales. Even if we go by just morrowind, Witcher isn’t even half as old as a game series and has almost as much sales.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

You should definitely revisit fallout 2 and new vegas (at least on pc) you get used to the graphics and they're the best two. I bounced off both those games so hard tho, fo2 for the difficulty but I literally stepped outside that cabin in New Vegas and uninstalled the game it looked so bad. But once you 'get it' it's possibly one of the most impressive games ever made tech wise (NV made in 18 months) and the world is addicting to be in. that's how id describe it, once I noticed the clockwork in the background I audibly said 'oooohhhh thats why people like these.'

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
i think the argument could be made that the Witcher is the more popular game series right now. They got Witcher con

WitcherCon — July 9th — an online celebration of The Witcher

the entire series is at 50 million in sales. Even if we go by just morrowind, Witcher isn’t even half as old as a game series and has almost as much sales.

Maybe right this moment but only because they've released consistently and with expansions/gwent. No competition. I find it hard to believe those numbers stay the same if ES6 came out rivaling blood and wine.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe right this moment but only because they've released consistently and with expansions/gwent. No competition. I find it hard to believe those numbers stay the same if ES6 came out rivaling blood and wine.

‘well if things continue the way they’ve been I wouldn’t doubt Witcher 4 comes out around the same time as ES6