Elder Scrolls Skipping An Entire Generation: Smart or Stupid On Bethesda's Part?

is it smart or stupid for bethesda to wait sooo long to develop another proper ES game?

• smart; the anticipation is going to be insane when Elder Scrolls 6 finally drops

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • stupid; it's been far too long since skyrim and there should've been a sequel out by now

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I have mixed feelings; I'm glad Bethesda is taking their time but ES6 has to be AMAZING for the wait

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Elder Scrolls is crap and no one cares about it so it doesn't matter

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lol yea ok
Both wolfenstein new colossus, new blood, prey, dishonored 2, rage 2, fallout76 sold like shyt.

B8439-D49-16-B0-4504-80-D3-0-ECEAFC32-DC9.jpg

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Todd Howard recently saying that Elder Scrolls 6 is still in pre-production "design phase" is pretty surprising considering it's been already 10 years since Skyrim, a game that sold over 35 million copies. most devs would have pumped out at least two sequels by now. with ES6 we probably won't even see gameplay until 2024 at the earliest, which is insane.

is the fact that Bethesda is taking their sweet time with a proper follow-up smart or dumb on their part? I mean, they left a lot of money on the table by doing so, and the Elder Scrolls name brand may lose clout among gamers because of the ridiculously wide gaps between releases.
elder scrolls online has come out since then and is doing big things but other than that you right tho. Again if we don't count es online
‘Elder Scrolls Online’ Is ‘Still Growing, Not Slowing Down’ With Over 15 Million Players

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
is the fact that Bethesda is taking their sweet time with a proper follow-up smart or dumb on their part? I mean, they left a lot of money on the table by doing so, and the Elder Scrolls name brand may lose clout among gamers because of the ridiculously wide gaps between releases.

If Bethesda cared about leaving money on the table, they wouldn't have went console exclusive to the least popular console where their games will be given away for free.

:yeshrug:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Man if only @Gizmo_Duck was as dedicated to actually beating his GotY Returnal as he was posting about Xbox in the arcadium all day :whew:

breh would have the platinum by now instead of having to call himself a scrub and get shyt on by his peers:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: B86

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When were those ever big name titles besides maybe dishonored? You naming these B-Level games

doesn’t matter…he was in love with dishonored 2 so doesn’t make sense for him to try and say that as a knock against it…it was still clearly a great game lol

I’d actaully encourage you to play dishonored 2, its one of the best last gen games.

Dishonored 2 is is probably in my top 5 of last gen games.