Elder Scrolls Skipping An Entire Generation: Smart or Stupid On Bethesda's Part?

is it smart or stupid for bethesda to wait sooo long to develop another proper ES game?

• smart; the anticipation is going to be insane when Elder Scrolls 6 finally drops

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • stupid; it's been far too long since skyrim and there should've been a sequel out by now

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I have mixed feelings; I'm glad Bethesda is taking their time but ES6 has to be AMAZING for the wait

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Elder Scrolls is crap and no one cares about it so it doesn't matter

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Todd Howard recently saying that Elder Scrolls 6 is still in pre-production "design phase" is pretty surprising considering it's been already 10 years since Skyrim, a game that sold over 35 million copies. most devs would have pumped out at least two sequels by now. with ES6 we probably won't even see gameplay until 2024 at the earliest, which is insane.

is the fact that Bethesda is taking their sweet time with a proper follow-up smart or dumb on their part? I mean, they left a lot of money on the table by doing so, and the Elder Scrolls name brand may lose clout among gamers because of the ridiculously wide gaps between releases.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Todd Howard recently saying that Elder Scrolls 6 is still in pre-production "design phase" is pretty surprising considering it's been already 10 years since Skyrim, a game that sold over 35 million copies. most devs would have pumped out at least two sequels by now. with ES6 we probably won't even see gameplay until 2024 at the earliest, which is insane.

is the fact that Bethesda is taking their sweet time with a proper follow-up smart or dumb on their part? I mean, they left a lot of money on the table by doing so, and the Elder Scrolls name brand may lose clout among gamers because of the ridiculously wide gaps between releases.

the owners cashed out for 7 billion. I woulda taken that check too. They ain't leave no money on the table.

Probably gonna see another Skyrim Remaster this gen :dead:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Witcher 3 already put Skyrim to shame 6 years ago, no one really cares about bethesda games anymore outside of Doom. Until the acquisition they were becoming an annual E3 meme

Yeah people were singing the praises for CD Projekt Red and mentioning Witcher 3 as the reason they were a top tier developer..................................then Cyberpunk 2077 happened. :mjlol: A game so trash Sony wouldnt even allow it to be sold for months and when they did finally list it the listing says this game is not recommended for purchase. :dead:

As glitchy as Bethesda games can be at launch it never reached a point where the console manufacture said dont buy this game.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
They left money on the table but still won't affect the sales of the game, same with GTA, specially since both have been making money with their online versions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah people were singing the praises for CD Projekt Red and mentioning Witcher 3 as the reason they were a top tier developer..................................then Cyberpunk 2077 happened. :mjlol: A game so trash Sony wouldnt even allow it to be sold for months and when they did finally list it the listing says this game is not recommended for purchase. :dead:

As glitchy as Bethesda games can be at launch it never reached a point where the console manufacture said dont buy this game.

fallout 76 was just as bad as cyberpunk on launch

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
depends on what the next one looks like

if its fire to the point where everyone could clearly see why they took so long for it then itll be all good

if its mid or worse its definitely going to be a lot more of this particular discussion, arguably bethesda is going to be on the hot seat because from what i heard their last few fallout/elder scrolls joints in general were mid