El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I am a left leaning person but feel sometimes you have to be HARD on crime, especially if average law abiding citizen feel unsafe. Tyranny by street gangs is no better than tryanny by an authoritarian police state. With that said there are underlying socioeconomic factors that contribute to gangs that need to be addressed for any real solution.

How you guys feel about this? Are they being too oppressive?

Some of the comments on YT speak for themselves.

"I am from El Salvador, living in the USA. My uncle was killed by a gang member, while robbing him. While visiting El Salvador, my Godfather, who lives in El Salvador, and I, were robbed and almost killed by 3 gang members. I support President Nayib Bukele 100%. A lady in El Salvador, making tortillas, earning a few dollars a day was killed by gangs because one week she could not pay the $5 weekly extortion payment. She is one of thousands of innocent victims of gangs. All gang members should be executed. They are pure evil. I used to hate tattoos. Now I like them, because a gang tattoo is enough proof to arrest and prosecute. Human "criminal" rights organizations are a joke. If I had a relative, that was part of a gang. I would want that relative in prison or executed. Unlike this "blind" relatives. Viva Bukele! Long live Bukele! Bukele Rocks!"

"Only us Salvadoreans know what we have been through that's why we support everything that our president is doing for the country"

"My whole family supports Nayib Bukele. The ones in Salvador and out. They all view what he's doing as cleaning up a mess that was left to grow for decades. He isn't perfect, but he is honest. Family friends on my grandfather's side have been arrested and they completely understand why. Almost every Salvadorian supports him for a reason."

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The problem is when we do it, we fill the jails with non violent offenders like drug dealers. So when a person that busts their gun is arrested they are back on the street in 24hrs due to overcrowding. and we already have more jails than any nation in the world. So while building more jails might work for el salvador, for us decriminalizing more the petty victimless crimes might be the best priority. We got ppp loan fraudsters locked up while jan 6th insurrectionists are chilling at home on probation planning the next mass shooting, El salvador likely isn't doing that.

SkeetThrower

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Passport bros are about to eat:myman:

640-01363218en_Masterfile.jpg

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
we need something like this in the U.S.

be ultra tough on crime and make sure there are extra resources available for those who want to do right.

you give people two paths to go down...
...if they choose harm to society we wipe our hands of them.

the problem we have is one side only wants to be tough on crime...
...and the other side only wants social programs.

you need both to see quick change.

Last edited:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Here lies the issue tho....

You gotta prison housing the most treacherous, of the treacherous nkkas. Thousands of em. Don't think all those dudes are just common criminals either. You got masterminds, master-manipulators, and killers, amongst that population. What do u think arises or breeds, from an environment like that? :hubie:

The gang or organization that is able to arise from that, is gonna be crazy.