El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Official Thread)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jessie had more than enough time to kill Todd and save the kid. Remember the skinheads were gone the whole weekend
Given the situation, would he even be able to find Brock that quickly? Brock was probably with relatives.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how this is self-contained. I can't see how you would understand anything if you hadn't watched the show.

None of the cameos would make sense if you've never even watched an episode.

It would be like buying a book and just reading the epilogue.

without any context from the show, it's a story about a fugitive on the run. all the details tied to him running: what he was doing before he started running, what kind of person he is vs. the person he's become, his relationship to the primary players IN THE MOVIE (not the primary players from the show).. it's all there -- albeit in very, very small samples -- if you watch closely. i felt like they went out of their way to provide context in some scenes, so that the movie could be watched on its own.

now the movie is 100000000000000x's more fulfilling if you go into it having watched the show. of course it is, and i would never attempt to argue otherwise. but you can make sense of what's happening in the movie, even if you don't.

at least i felt that way. :yeshrug:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
without any context from the show, it's a story about a fugitive on the run. all the details tied to him running: what he was doing before he started running, what kind of person he is vs. the person he's become, his relationship to the primary players IN THE MOVIE (not the primary players from the show).. it's all there -- albeit in very, very small samples -- if you watch closely. i felt like they went out of their way to provide context in some scenes, so that the movie could be watched on its own.

now the movie is 100000000000000x's more fulfilling if you go into it having watched the show. of course it is, and i would never attempt to argue otherwise. but you can make sense of what's happening in the movie, even if you don't.

at least i felt that way. :yeshrug:
I mean, you can break down any type of story to a basic outline and kinda have an idea of what certain relationships are. You can jump in at the last 15 minutes of a horror movie without context and get that it's a story about a killer fukking a bunch of people up:manny:

The movie starts off with a scene with Mike, who is never seen or mentioned again. Of course someone can watch that scene and infer that Mike and Jesse were close, that Mike may have been some type of father figure to Jesse, but without watching having any knowledge of who any of these characters are, what does that really mean.

What does Walt popping up at the end do for you if you know nothing about the show? Yeah, you can infer that he's battling some type of illness because he's coughing a lot, but not knowing that him being sick is the reason we had five seasons of the show, then what.

The second scene picks up immediately after the show ends. Most fugitive stories explain everything as if we don't know who the characters are, because we don't. This one doesn't because it assumes that the audience watching the epilogue knows the main story.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i have never seen Breaking Bad. Can I watch this film as a stand alone brehs?
You've never seen one of the better shows ever made and you're in a thread about it's epilogue asking if you can watch the epilogue as a stand alone? Do you know how many people wish they could watch Breaking Bad again fir the first time? You should really go watch that first then this.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This was good... not a classic but it had a couple great scenes. I was also distracted by fat head.

Speaking of him

they did a great job showing what a sociopath looks like. He ain't wired like the rest of us man the shyt about the cleaning lady being a nice woman and serving to be buried somewhere nice and the shyt where he's talkin to Pinkman about the weather...lol

:picard:

I liked the cameos and

the wild west quick draw scene was pretty tense overall :ehh:

Skinny Pete is a real one :salute:

Also :rip: to

the cleaner Robert Forester, dude was a great actor and a man of principles in this series.. the way he delivered those lines in the store wow

I'm ready for Better Call Saul.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You've never seen one of the better shows ever made and you're in a thread about it's epilogue asking if you can watch the epilogue as a stand alone? Do you know how many people wish they could watch Breaking Bad again fir the first time? You should really go watch that first then this.

Everyone a marvel movie come out you got some random asking do I need to watch the other ones...:hhh: I swear it's like they don't even bother trying to watch a recap...

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People with no backbone?!?:heh: dude Jesse laced those two a$$holes in the welding shop to get the money... The Nazis literally tortured this dude until he had no soul left you ain't see how fukked up the scars on his back was?!:dahell: plus he killed Todd to get away when Walt busted him out...
Jesse's character is built on the foundation that he's scared and was never about that action

His inability to stand up for himself is the reason he got so deep into the game against his own wishes.

Gus understood that and that's why he became a pseudo father figure to Jesse in trying to play him against Walt, another pseudo father figure

And tbh that shootout in the welding shop is the most non like Jesse shyt I've ever seen:russ:

Coincidentally him having the drop on Todd and giving the fukking gun back is the most Jesse shyt I've ever seen:mjlol: