Eidos Montreal founder: "I heard rumours that Sony said they're really interested in [acquiring] Square Enix Tokyo, but not the rest."

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Thats right. We take them Switch exclusives right back.

giphy.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

This nikka really typed this up like he wasn't twerking probably to some oldschool Cash Money record to the news of MSFT buying Zenimax :dead:.

Just for that I hope Final Fantasy VII Remake NEVER comes out to Xbox.
Its a nothing but a plus to people who actually game. That buy means I get Day 1 access for free to almost their whole up and coming catalog. Plus whatever they choose to rerelease, update or put out on gamepass.

Sony stans :mjlol:
FFv7Re doesn't have to ever come to xbox I have all the systems so I'm gucci.:umad:

It's not just Sony stans, I was looking forward to Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6. Only people hurt by Microsoft buying Bethesda and Activision are gamers, but I didn't see you or any other Xbox brehs in those threads complaining about it. Seems like people on this site will only acknowledge this being a problem when the other side is doing it.
How PLEASE explain? Show me one instance or a hint of a instance where something that was in progress is now hampered by the buyout gaming wise?
Are some games now not going to come out for some reason? If anything more games that were on the fence are more than likely to now come out to gamepass.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How PLEASE explain? Show me one instance or a hint of a instance where something that was in progress is now hampered by the buyout gaming wise?
Are some games now not going to come out for some reason? If anything more games that were on the fence are more than likely to now come out to gamepass.

again, in this made up scenario, what games are now not coming out? you literally created an entire narrative in your head to justify why this acquisition is worse than microsofts.

@5n0man entire point of this thread has been that all consolidation is bad because it only limits options ultimately, and causes changes in how games are made and marketed due to platform holders demands and business strategy.

You're just caught in fanboy mode doom posting about the worst case scenario for sony buying a company while completely ignoring the worst case scenario's for your preferred platform doing the same thing.

i could sit here and say a bunch of single player games that would have released from bethesda are now dead because gamepass relies on services titles to keep people subscribed.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
again, in this made up scenario, what games are now not coming out? you literally created an entire narrative in your head to justify why this acquisition is worse than microsofts.

@5n0man entire point of this thread has been that all consolidation is bad because it only limits options ultimately, and causes changes in how games are made and marketed due to platform holders demands and business strategy.

You're just caught in fanboy mode doom posting about the worst case scenario for sony buying a company while completely ignoring the worst case scenario's for your preferred platform doing the same thing.

i could sit here and say a bunch of single player games that would have released from bethesda are now dead because gamepass relies on services titles to keep people subscribed.

Stop breh, sony buying a part of square in order to keep releasing 1st party games exclusively on switch who they have NO relationship with or MS who they have a rocky one with? :mjlol: :mjlol:

While Zenis purchase made a ton of games readily available for Xbox and PC as well as updated old games for free. Nothing removed from prior systems and nothing is even set in stone to be exclusive strictly on Xbox.

maybe Sony will put a bunch of SE games on PSnow for free and Day and date and leave the door open to them being Multiplat too:ohhh:

:mjlol:
Yall can't even get a remaster for less than 70 on PS5 but yeah maybe it'll be different this time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stop breh, sony buying a part of square in order to keep releasing 1st party games exclusively on switch who they have NO relationship with or MS who they have a rocky one with?

oh

While Zenis purchase made a ton of games readily available for Xbox and PC as well as updated old games for free. Nothing removed from prior systems and nothing is even set in stone to be exclusive strictly on Xbox.

yeah, looking forward to playing starfield and redfall next year on my playstation and switch
aybe Sony will put a bunch of SE games on PSnow for free and Day and date and leave the door open to them being Multiplat too

yeah, can't wait to play all those exclusive bungie games on playstation this gen

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'll quote your own post

Xbox stans crazy.

Microsoft buying zenimax/Activision is like paying full price for free water at a restaurant.

The only reason to do this is a straight cock block to Nintendo and Sony.

The people hurt most by this are actually gamers.

I'm not arguing stan wars with you nikkas

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll quote your own post

I'm not arguing stan wars with you nikkas

Doesn't even make sense unless y'all legit live and die by one console.

I don't care which company cock blocks the other if they don't kill projects or potential projects.

And they provide me with a easy affordable way to play there games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Doesn't even make sense unless y'all legit live and die by one console.

I don't care which company cock blocks the other if they don't kill projects or potential projects.

And they provide me with a easy affordable way to play there games
Literally went from "this only hurts the gamers" to "I don't care which company cock blocks the other" on the same page.

And only one of these companies are known to kill projects not named halo or gears of war.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony stans crazy.

Sony buying square is like paying full price for free water at a restaurant.

The only reason to do this is a straight cock block to Nintendo and MS.

Square has dropped some of my favorite titles as of recently on Nintendo.

Not PlayStation and not Xbox.
This

Sony doesn’t need MH Rise and Triangle Strategy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This

Sony doesn’t need MH Rise and Triangle Strategy

:gucci:

And sony is getting the grandfather of Triangle Strategy in the fall. The entire idea that sony doesn’t want AA games from square enix is retarded considering they got timed exclusivity for 3 of them this year

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
One thing I also feel you are missing which is something @42 Monks brought up is the rising cost of games and inflation, this financial landscape is changing because it has to. A lot of these companies can't survive on their own, they need a parent company to cover their ass in case they flop, or else fade into obscurity
pretty much. these games require too many resources to hold all or most of the risk.

its not even about good/bad titles or overall release numbers anymore. even if a game is successful, simply following up on that success may be too much for studios to keep stride with - and that's the scariest thing for many of these established companies. not being being able to build off of their own momentum, sustain a lifespan, or do all of the things necessary while also growing at a healthy rate.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Sony stans crazy.

Sony buying square is like paying full price for free water at a restaurant.

The only reason to do this is a straight cock block to Nintendo and MS.

Square has dropped some of my favorite titles as of recently on Nintendo.

Not PlayStation and not Xbox.
I love it. They’ll figure something out with Nintendo they all Japanese bruvs
fukk M$ :pachaha: