Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Professors don't know the game

At all

That's why they're professors

An education is good for bragging rights while networking

The idea that you learn something in a Harvard classroom that you couldn't learn online is total bullshyt

I remember hearing that somewhere, about the professors. It's like, they cannot teach you how to use the knowledge they ate giving you to get paid

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Professors don't know the game

At all

That's why they're professors

An education is good for bragging rights while networking

The idea that you learn something in a Harvard classroom that you couldn't learn online is total bullshyt

I remember hearing that somewhere, about the professors. It's like, they cannot teach you how to use the knowledge they are giving you to get paid

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
The post's title is misleading. You can very easily have both, and both have quite a bit of overlap. If you are working toward getting your education, chances are you're meeting people in the field that you're interested in and building a network that will allow you to slide into a job after you graduate. How easily are you going to be able to network if you don't go to school? Too many dudes try to fool themselves with some movie-like dream that they're going to make it without education with some inflated sense of "street smarts" that they've convinced themselves that they have without being able to convince people that they meet that they are the right people to do business with, despite not having an education.

They also seem to look at people with education with a certain amount of undue disdain because they think that they're "wasting" time studying relevant subject material, as if that's all that this person actually does. Do you really think that education and networking are mutually exclusive? How and when can we stop convincing people that this is the case? Seriously, I'm tired of people trying to point out an anecdotal case of someone that they know that "made it with only a high school diploma" when they know goddamn well that avoiding college didn't give them "street smarts," those people were able to succeed in spite of not having an education. Every time I meet a person that made it with little to no education, they still always tell me that they with that they had the education that many of their colleagues enjoy.

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It has to be both. You should have the education to get your foot in the door and network in case some sh*t happens.