Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok_source192.jpg

wutang_source294.jpg

smiff_source295.jpg

bdp-sav.jpg

"embodies the true spirit of New York sound, leave your jherri curls at the door" Lol.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
im reading the thread

and this nikka @Wacky D just said he'll take made men(benzinos album) over other great and classic albums?

Wtf

benzino was the worst rapper is the world at that time,

the point is, every album that got 4.5 or 5 mics isnt a great or classic album.

benzino wasnt even the main attraction of the group, so however you felt about bul personally(obviously you didnt hear the album anyway) is null & void.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Name a 4.5 5 mic album that isnt great or classic then

Outside of zinos own Album :mjlol:

i already ran off a handful in the posts that youre yappin about.

let magazines dictate whats classic brehs.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
east coast wasnt listening to all of that.

:comeon:

So you were up and down the East Coast at ages 8, 9, 10, in every hood findin' out what nikkas were bumpin'?

I don't even think you got the point of the question I posed. I asked the Cali fella, who says the East Coast was biased against Cali cause I guess all their artists weren't bumped heavily... when they were in Cali bumpin' all these artists who had that sound and spoke about their streets and their slang and their mentality... were they bumpin' Smif N Wessun or Mobb shyt the same way? Has nothing to do with what was being played over East.

It just happens like that sometimes... before every city's playlist was basically the same, there were songs (even before hip-hop was a factor on radio- I'm talkin about R&B too) that worked more in some regions than others, that got played more in some regions... how is (for example) Jeru getting more play in NY than Mack 10 ANY different than Mack 10 getting more play in LA than Jeru? I'll wait.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
And bruuuuh... @mobbinfms comin' thru with the reviews.

@Wacky D you got a million ways to deflect this shyt and try to twist it... but the fact that you do that lets me know that you know that shyt wasn't biased. You'll fukk around and take this thread to 78 pages before you just say "aight I was wrong on that"... "yeah that Made Men shyt was weak"... "yeah that bias shyt has been pumped up to be more than it was"... just give up the ghost breh... you know I'm right :heh:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Weatside Connection was trash and got 4.5

Everyone knew that made men review was a joke. I don't think anyone I know has ever even heard that album. We knew better from those big ass RSO ads with the bullets being weak not to mess with goofy ass Ray Benzino.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And bruuuuh... @mobbinfms comin' thru with the reviews.

@Wacky D you got a million ways to deflect this shyt and try to twist it... but the fact that you do that lets me know that you know that shyt wasn't biased. You'll fukk around and take this thread to 78 pages before you just say "aight I was wrong on that"... "yeah that Made Men shyt was weak"... "yeah that bias shyt has been pumped up to be more than it was"... just give up the ghost breh... you know I'm right :heh:

i havnt seen the reviews. im like 5 pages behind on the thread, and barely posted in here yesterday(the past 5 or so pages) so what exactly am i deflecting & twisting? and how am i pushing the thread to page 78 when ive barely been in here?:facepalm: this is the chit you do that irks niccas.

and yea, my main point still stands, as far as i know. AND I ALREADY GAVE YALL CREDIT DAYS AGO for proving that the source isnt as biased as percieved. what more do you want me to do? suck yall off?:smh:. i already did WAY MORE than you do when youre proving wrong about something. you just get salty & dissappear.

and i still maintain the stance that bias existed. yall proved that its not as bad as we felt it was, but yall still want to play like it didnt exist at all. im looking thru the reviews now and my main gripe has still yet to be proven wrong. yall have yet to post a groundbreaking, all-timer east coast-centric album that was given 3 or 3.5 mics like the albums i listed. all you listed were a bunch of b & c-list releases. nor have yall posted an equivalent to doggystyle that was given just 4 mics.

and why do yall keep pushing this made men argument? i never claimed that it deserved anywhere near 4.5 mics. what i said was that its just as good or better than some of the albums that un-deservingly got 4.5 and 5 mics throughout the years. so if im a bold ass and i co-own the magazine, you dam right im taking mine if yall gave 4.5 & 5 to that other chit.

So you were up and down the East Coast at ages 8, 9, 10, in every hood findin' out what nikkas were bumpin'?

I don't even think you got the point of the question I posed. I asked the Cali fella, who says the East Coast was biased against Cali cause I guess all their artists weren't bumped heavily... when they were in Cali bumpin' all these artists who had that sound and spoke about their streets and their slang and their mentality... were they bumpin' Smif N Wessun or Mobb shyt the same way? Has nothing to do with what was being played over East.

It just happens like that sometimes... before every city's playlist was basically the same, there were songs (even before hip-hop was a factor on radio- I'm talkin about R&B too) that worked more in some regions than others, that got played more in some regions... how is (for example) Jeru getting more play in NY than Mack 10 ANY different than Mack 10 getting more play in LA than Jeru? I'll wait.

yea because those acts you listed were only big when i was 8-10.:comeon:

i forgot you and him are from the DMV anyway. thats just halfway east coast.

the rest of this never my argument. so i guess you'll just keep on waiting for a response from me.:whistle:

Last edited:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i havnt seen the reviews. im like 5 pages behind on the thread, and barely posted in here yesterday(the past 5 or so pages) so what exactly am i deflecting & twisting? and how am i pushing the thread to page 78 when ive barely been in here?:facepalm: this is the chit you do that irks niccas.

and yea, my main point still stands, as far as i know. AND I ALREADY GAVE YALL CREDIT DAYS AGO for proving that the source isnt as biased as percieved. what more do you want me to do? suck yall off?:smh:. i already did WAY MORE than you do when youre proving wrong about something. you just get salty & dissappear.

and i still maintain the stance that bias existed. yall proved that its not as bad as we felt it was, but yall still want to play like it didnt exist at all. im looking thru the reviews now and my main gripe has still yet to be proven wrong. yall have yet to post a groundbreaking, all-timer east coast-centric album that was given 3 or 3.5 mics like the albums i listed. all you listed were a bunch of b & c-list releases. nor have yall posted an equivalent to doggystyle that was given just 4 mics.

and why do yall keep pushing this made men argument? i never claimed that it deserved anywhere near 4.5 mics. what i said was that its just as good or better than some of the albums that un-deservingly got 4.5 and 5 mics throughout the years. so if im a bold ass and i co-own the magazine, you dam right im taking mine if yall gave 4.5 & 5 to that other chit.

yea because those acts you listed were only big when i was 8-10.:comeon:

i forgot you and him are from the DMV anyway. thats just halfway east coast.

the rest of this never my argument. so i guess you'll just keep on waiting for a response from me.:whistle:

I didn't name big name acts for a reason. Reason being, everybody always goes to Nas, Biggie, Snoop, Dre, Wu-Tang... the 90s was so much bigger than that. Artists from all over dropping music, different styles, different sounds, etc... this is somethin' you know, I'm just sayin'. But if there was a coastal bias, didn't notice. If there was a stylistic bias, didn't notice. Why would a groundbreaking all-time great East Coast album (and by that I guess you're saying like top 20 level) get a 3.5 if it were that initially great? That said, there's a lot of East Coast albums that nikkas think are classic that didn't get the 5 or even get a revised 5. And on top of that, most of the truly elite Cali/South albums (by that same standard, top 20 level) weren't gettin' 3.5s 'nshyt either. I don't think Ice Cream man falls in that category... I don't think E.1999 falls in that category. I would think Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, AMW, 7 Day Theory (wasn't reviewed)... shyt like that... falls in that groundbreaking elite top 20ish territory.

And talking about the mid-90s and bias is moot anyway because by the mid-90s the Source was only based in NY. They had writers from all over the place by then. Those early, early years were probably the most NY-centric that mag has ever been... and that was changing as early as '91.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I didn't name big name acts for a reason. Reason being, everybody always goes to Nas, Biggie, Snoop, Dre, Wu-Tang... the 90s was so much bigger than that. Artists from all over dropping music, different styles, different sounds, etc... this is somethin' you know, I'm just sayin'. But if there was a coastal bias, didn't notice. If there was a stylistic bias, didn't notice. Why would a groundbreaking all-time great East Coast album (and by that I guess you're saying like top 20 level) get a 3.5 if it were that initially great? That said, there's a lot of East Coast albums that nikkas think are classic that didn't get the 5 or even get a revised 5. And on top of that, most of the truly elite Cali/South albums (by that same standard, top 20 level) weren't gettin' 3.5s 'nshyt either. I don't think Ice Cream man falls in that category... I don't think E.1999 falls in that category. I would think Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, AMW, 7 Day Theory (wasn't reviewed)... shyt like that... falls in that groundbreaking elite top 20ish territory.

And talking about the mid-90s and bias is moot anyway because by the mid-90s the Source was only based in NY. They had writers from all over the place by then. Those early, early years were probably the most NY-centric that mag has ever been... and that was changing as early as '91.

looks like youre waving the white flag on the sly.

im not going the top 20 route because everybodies rankings arent the same.

im talking about classics that had the all-timer impact to match. e.99 eternal, ice cream man, theyre up there, whether you like them like that personally or not. at the very least, theyre in the same boat as the tribes, wutangs and mobb deeps. with tribe being a group that drew 5s like it was nothing. but i guess we're going to pretend that there wasnt clear favoritism towards that native tongues.

and you still couldnt address doggystyle.

all the stuff with the lower-tier names come off as nothing more than minor achievements so they can claim they were being fair.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
looks like youre waving the white flag on the sly.

im not going the top 20 route because everybodies rankings arent the same.

im talking about classics that had the all-timer impact to match. e.99 eternal, ice cream man, theyre up there, whether you like them like that personally or not. at the very least, theyre in the same boat as the tribes, wutangs and mobb deeps. with tribe being a group that drew 5s like it was nothing. but i guess we're going to pretend that there wasnt clear favoritism towards that native tongues.

and you still couldnt address doggystyle.

all the stuff with the lower-tier names come off as nothing more than minor achievements so they can claim they were being fair.

No white flag to wave. I stated my perspective all up and thru the thread.

What do you want me to say about Doggystyle? That I didn't agree? Been said it. Said I was expecting 4.5 (not 5 but only because I'd never seen an album get one at that point, but 4.5 pretty much meant it was THE shyt). As a matter of fact, I was sure it would get a 4.5 cause they had spent the whole year hyping Snoop... which to me probably affected the rating because they were treating it like it was gonna be the greatest album of the whole existence of hip-hop. I didn't even agree with the review. But that's what opinions are for. Just cause I didn't mind that Snoop only flew solo for half the album, doesn't mean others woulda rather heard him rock more songs by himself.

The words favortism and bias just imply that artists' albums were being judged on things other than how good they felt the albums were. Native Tongues put out a lotta good shyt around that time, what you want 'em to do, say it's NOT good? I'm not sayin' *I* would give Tribe's first joint a 5... 4, 4.5... honestly I was surprised Midnight Marauders only got a 4. But to say there was favortism would negate the fact that the Jungle Bros., Latifah, Chi-Ali, and Monie Love all made average albums and got average ratings to match. So... is it because of favortism, or were Tribe and De La on a streak of quality albums in the early-90s? I say the latter, but maybe that's not your thing.