EDGE: The real differences between PS4 and Xbox One performance

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony stans. I'll pose this question to you one more time since y'all always avoid it in these "power" threads.

If 1000% extra power accross the board took us from killzone 3 to killzone 4, realistically what can
a 50% gpu advantage, and a 10%cpu disadvantage really accomplish?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They aren't identical

the the average consumer they ARE, this is the issue i have with console gaming media to begin with. Specs are nice, but the lowest common denominator doesn't give two shyts about ivybridge or how much RAM the damn thing has they are about whats ON the platform and how much it costs, M$ made that mistake with X-Box 1 and Sony made that mistake with the PS3, powerful is good but 3rd Party support, price and good presentations are so much more important. People just want it to be "better".

Its the same reason why Apple stock been falling for the past few iphone announcements, when it gets to a point where people cant even SEE the improvements or the new tech or features people stop giving a shyt.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Playstation is facing the same disadvantages with PS4 as it was with PS3

-Subpar Online Service, lack of features and apps
Lies
- Lack of accessories, fragmented ones that will not be universal since not every gamer will have it
More Lies
- Multiplat games already running better on Xbox
Even More Lies
- Sony's dismal financial standing holding entire system back
MORE LIES
- Forced to play catchup from the jump in terms of AAA games being released
LIES EVERYWHERE
That one year lead was irrelevant.
BIG ASS LIE
Xbox was the better console all the way around so it would have been outsold regardless. Just like it has been for months now here in the US. Sony's biggest problem, lack of a credible online service in a reality where online gamers are the majority, appears to have set them behind again

:what:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Sony stans. I'll pose this question to you one more time since y'all always avoid it in these "power" threads.

If 1000% extra power accross the board took us from killzone 3 to killzone 4, realistically what can
a 50% gpu advantage, and a 10%cpu disadvantage really accomplish?
the the average consumer they ARE, this is the issue i have with console gaming media to begin with. Specs are nice, but the lowest common denominator doesn't give two shyts about ivybridge or how much RAM the damn thing has they are about whats ON the platform and how much it costs, M$ made that mistake with X-Box 1 and Sony made that mistake with the PS3, powerful is good but 3rd Party support, price and good presentations are so much more important. People just want it to be "better".

Its the same reason why Apple stock been falling for the past few iphone announcements, when it gets to a point where people cant even SEE the improvements or the new tech or features people stop giving a shyt.
@MeachTheMonster - better looking games

3rd Party support usually goes to who will have the most sales and Sony is in a better position than Microsoft right now when it comes to hype and pre-order numbers.

Price - Sony has that won

Presentation - Not even close

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This is from the same dev that said 360 is faster than PS3, correct?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@MeachTheMonster - better looking games

3rd Party support usually goes to who will have the most sales and Sony is in a better position than Microsoft right now when it comes to hype and pre-order numbers.

Price - Sony has that won

Presentation - Not even close

No not just "better looking games" give me a real answer.

You were one of the main ones talking about how the jump wouldn't be very substancial from last gen.

So please explain to me how 10x more powerful accross the board equals "not that big of a jump", but .5x the gpu power is supposed to create a huge gap in performance?

Daps
Reppin
St louis
cant wiat for my XBOX...
:banderas:

fwq3iu.gif

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
No not just "better looking games" give me a real answer.

You were one of the main ones talking about how the jump wouldn't be very substancial from last gen.

So please explain to me how 10x more powerful accross the board equals "not that big of a jump", but .5x the gpu power is supposed to create a huge gap in performance?
better looking games is a real answer

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Funny shyt is....things might be like OG Xbox (PS4) vs PS2 (XB1) graphically. :scusthov:

But I swear they better not gimp PS4 games brehs because MS went cheap.

im not worried about it cause if they do, im filing a class action lawsuit again who makes the game.