Eddie Murphy goes for Oscar (and fails according to the reviews)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He's trying to revive his career and he's in a rough spot. What was Eddie's last hit movie? And what was his last good movie? Honestly, he should've gotten Chris Rock to write something for him. Or tried to hook up with Tarantino like a previous poster said.

I feel bad for him. Pluto Nash hurt his stock bad.
no trannies hurt his fukking stock

he got arrested with a tranny in may of 97

did he first kids movie in 98 (mulan & doolittle)

in 99 he did life....

and since then it's been kiddie movies and duds

you can maybe give him dreamgirls

other than that it's all kids movies... like he's not even trying to be old eddie... he won't touch an R rated film

it's ok eddie... we forgive you... just give us another fukking classic :mjcry:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's even more embarrassing is that EDDIE fukkING MURPHY. Prince Akeem himself who stood up at the oscars and told them Cacs to kiss his ass, who has untold gazillions in the bank and don't have to tap dance for NOBODY, made this bullshyt...

It's almost mind boggling, like I have to come up with some type of rationalization becomes it doesn't make sense.

He wants to be taken seriously as an actor. Eddies been chasing an Oscar for a minute. He doesn't give a fukk about that funny shyt anymore.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
He wants to be taken seriously as an actor. Eddies been chasing an Oscar for a minute. He doesn't give a fukk about that funny shyt anymore.
Well he isn't trying very hard. Besides dreamgirls what other film has he made to make a case for an Oscar?
All his roles have been shyt comedies. And now this. Which won't get a any praise.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well he isn't trying very hard. Besides dreamgirls what other film has he made to make a case for an Oscar?
All his roles have been shyt comedies. And now this. Which won't get a any praise.

That's the only one I can think of myself but I know he wanted to win it really bad. You know he was waiting for the right script to come along and do it. Took a look at it and thought magical negro helping white folks, check. This is neither here nor there but I was just going through his imdb and I saw that there's going to be a sequel to twins with Eddie playing a triplet.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That's the only one I can think of myself but I know he wanted to win it really bad. You know he was waiting for the right script to come along and do it. Took a look at it and thought magical negro helping white folks, check. This is neither here nor there but I was just going through his imdb and I saw that there's going to be a sequel to twins with Eddie playing a triplet.
Triplets :shaq2: that's been in the works for years.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He started thinking he was too good to be funny anymore. Im pretty sure studios was like "do a buddy cop comedy with chrise pine and we'll toss u and oscar stimulus package" and he probably was like fukk no crakkas