Eddie Murphy goes for Oscar (and fails according to the reviews)

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's trying to revive his career and he's in a rough spot. What was Eddie's last hit movie? And what was his last good movie? Honestly, he should've gotten Chris Rock to write something for him. Or tried to hook up with Tarantino like a previous poster said.

I feel bad for him. Pluto Nash hurt his stock bad.

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
What does Eddie or his agent think with the roles that he has taken during the last 15 plus years? It cant be that hard to find one of the greatest comedians ever a role in decent movie can it? Though this may be better then we give it credit for it ain't what we want to see Eddie in.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
But white people tend to love them.

Yep, white Hollywood loves the movies when the black help comes & Mary Poppins the family as they show the mean ole oppressive folk that colored folks are good ole people. Theys just as good of heart as white folk be. In most cases better.

:troll:
Why thank ya sir may I have anotha??

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In fairness pretty much all the review excerpts I saw said Eddie ranged from good to great but that the movie was unsavable utter trash.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
What's even more embarrassing is that EDDIE fukkING MURPHY. Prince Akeem himself who stood up at the oscars and told them Cacs to kiss his ass, who has untold gazillions in the bank and don't have to tap dance for NOBODY, made this bullshyt...

It's almost mind boggling, like I have to come up with some type of rationalization becomes it doesn't make sense.
We lost another one to the game :mjcry: