• Don't matter, character was always trash

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't care about the sony movie, this is more so about the change in the character over the last 15 years and which version you prefer.

Like a number of you (maybe) my first real intro to the spidey mytho wasn't really through the comics themselves (i knew he was a comic book character of course) but through outside media in the early-mid 90s, i.e. namely the fox cartoon and maximum carnage the video game. From there, i picked up the comics, the back issues, educated myself on his history, played more of the video games, watched the movies etc etc. So 20 years later, and i consider myself fairly versed on him.

but given the time period that i got into the mytho, with the ensuin toys, games and novels... this guy felt heavily promoted as his "greatest" adversary, the ying to his yang or whatever:

I thought he was a total bad ass as a kid :wow:

He was pretty much 1a and 1b with Green Goblin as Spider-Man's most crucial villains but Goblin seemed more psychological whereas Venom just felt more lethal (and popular). Hell, even the dynamic of Eddie Brock, making him an anti-hero who would have to team up with Spider-Man, despite wanting to literally eat him. Not to mention one of the GOAT villain costume designs :wow:

But at some point, Marvel felt a change was needed from Eddie Brock.. probably felt they spammed him too much or something, so they ditched Eddie, gave the symbiotic suit to Scorpion (another Spidey villain if yall recall), but then eventually it wound up with Flash Thompson.. who had joined the army, lost his limbs while serving and now uses the symbiotic suit as this, "Agent Venom"

:jbhmm:

By the time this happened, I'd kinda stopped following Spider-Man comics, so I didn't know about this until a couple years ago in the comic book thread.

That said, how do/did you guys feel about Flash-Venom versus Eddie-Venom? Do you like the direction they went with the character? Or Flash's evolution?

I'm familiar of course with Flash and what he was to Peter Parker back then, though i haven't taken the time to familiarize myself yet with his new role.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Flash Venom is such a better-written story go check out Rick Remender's run brehs some of the better runs in the past five years.

Reading this story right now hell yea they need to do Agent Venom but, the only thing is how to explain the spider abilities because that is straight up from Peters powers?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Reading this story right now hell yea they need to do Agent Venom but, the only thing is how to explain the spider abilities because that is straight up from Peters powers?
Sony is just being so just fukking so stupid, Tom Rothman the head of Sony is doing this movie to match Deadpool he was the head of Fox during X1 all the way up until X-men Origins: Wolverine. He blocked Deadpool and ruined a lot of the x-movies with his interference but after the success of Deadpool he wants to find a character that's similar to Deadpool so he choose Venom.