Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What’s up with all these boot licking institutionalist ignoring the cries of the student body to uphold continued failed leadership at these HBCUs?

Are y’all just bootlicking bourgeoisie?

What explains it?
lol, what is it with the dumb students not realizing that if you dont like the service but still continue to frequent an establishment when nothing changes than its your fault.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
This dumbass reasoning is ridiculous HBCU's don't have "Big Time" sports programs because they have been purposely underfunded for the last 100 plus years.

Tennessee commits $318M to its only public HBCU, but does that compensate for decades of underfunding? - THE FEED

Is $318M enough to fix underfunding at Tennessee's only public HBCU?

“In one particular year, 1970, $4.5 million came to Tennessee to be divided among the two land grants, but only $51,000 went to Tennessee State,” Harold Love Jr., his son, told Higher Ed Dive last year. “So he said, ’That’s not equitable. That’s not fair. That’s 99-to-1.”

Instead of following your instincts of shytting on Black people dig deeper into the issue and see why things are the way they are.
If the school is that underfunded why spend resources on non scholastic activities… instead of following your bootlicking instincts of dikking riding HBCU “lore” why don’t you activate your fukking brain and actually conceptualize what’s being articulated

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
@CountryBalla
@2Quik4UHoes
@RennisDeynolds

There's a current Coli series that gives overview and asks to rank colleges. Look out for when BCU and Howard come up, to continue these convos, and with Coli alumni weighing in.

I’m definitely not alumni but I’ve worked by there for years and I get lots of info from students and staff. Mind you, Howard is a great place overall and I highly recommend it for anyone but it got its faults.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
What the achool does has no bearing on how ed reacts.

He should act professionally at all times as an example to those young men and out of reapect for himself. He didnt and he is now without a job.

BCU isnt obsecure and they arent rotting away. I know you guys who arent aware of swac and actual hbcus outside of celebrities mentioning them or being a fad for a while, dont know this but swac is healthy in terms of attendance, sports, and etc. Deion amd reed havent saved anything they disnt do annything outside of helping themselves.
BCU was getting ready to get folded up as a school over accreditation issues a few years ago...with this administration I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their accreditation in a few years

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
BCU was getting ready to get folded up as a school over accreditation issues a few years ago...with this administration I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their accreditation in a few years
Yeah years ago, not until Ed Reed came and that isn't even new.
That said what does any of that have to do with ed's behavior

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I’m definitely not alumni but I’ve worked by there for years and I get lots of info from students and staff. Mind you, Howard is a great place overall and I highly recommend it for anyone but it got its faults.
I agree with your posts, especially the comparison of Black institutions to Black countries. (on the continent and in the diaspora) Those connected to those places love them, but see how the shortcomings in leadership hinder progress, or causes it to regress.

I brought up Howard and the publicly reported housing issues, to bolster the other member's point about community members from a school having to air admin. out to get them to seriously address and resolve a problem. A problem that they knew existed, but were content to ignore.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What the achool does has no bearing on how ed reacts.

He should act professionally at all times as an example to those young men and out of reapect for himself. He didnt and he is now without a job.

BCU isnt obsecure and they arent rotting away. I know you guys who arent aware of swac and actual hbcus outside of celebrities mentioning them or being a fad for a while, dont know this but swac is healthy in terms of attendance, sports, and etc. Deion amd reed havent saved anything they disnt do annything outside of helping themselves.
BCU literally damn near lost their accreditation less than 5 years ago, has/had trash on its campuses everywhere and has protests going on tomorrow.

Thats the definition of rotting.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
You do not do it the way he did, you work through your AD, you work demands in your contract, you behave as a professional.

It’s sounding like NOBODY (even coaches before Ed got there) has been able to do this...

Sooooo......:yeshrug:

Ed got fed up with the bullshyt quick and tried a new approach...it may not have been the most “professional” and he may have lost a job over it

But he. still exposed a lot even though a lot of y’all want to turn a blind eye

Him , the football players, and the student body are all trying to shine light on problems the school has refused to address for years.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It’s sounding like NOBODY (even coaches before Ed got there) has been able to do this...

Ed got fed up with the bull shut quick and tried a new approach...it may not have been the most “professional” and he may have lost a job over it

him, the football players, and the student body are all trying to shine light on problems the school has refused to address for years.
I really hate this "that's the way it is and has always been" mentality that we have. We're supposed to just accept incompetence and charge it to the game.and not complain but be grateful.

Smmfh

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Ed got fed up with the bullshyt quick and tried a new approach...it may not have been the most “professional” and he may have lost a job over it

Him , the football players, and the student body are all trying to shine light on problems the school has refused to address for years.
Then folks need to stop going to the school, but this isn't beyond a football coach.
This is a cultral issue that needs to be adjusted.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
that exact attitude is why its in the shape its in, and will stay that way

and the killa part is

that attitude applies to a lot of black business and institutions through out the usa :dead:
No why it is the way it is is because people continue to go to school and give them money despite their services being subpar, on some take care of black folks tip.