Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Boston couldn’t stop Andrew fukkin Nembhart but dudes thinking they gon stop Luka and Ky :stopitslime:

It'll be different. The C's didn't key on anyone defensively once Haliburton was out and that allowed Nembhart to go one on one a lot with no help. Everyone stayed home on their man. Best believe they're gonna key on Luka and Ky and there's gonna be help coming.

Also, who's Luka and Ky gonna be guarding? Luka's gonna be food if he tries to guard Tatum or Brown. Ky's gonna get bullied by Jrue if he tries to guard Jrue. Both Luka and Kyrie are going to be the worst defenders on the court. Nobody seems to be talking about that. Minnesota is just too dumb to go small and take advantage of those matchups.

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
It'll be different. The C's didn't key on anyone defensively once Haliburton was out and that allowed Nembhart to go one on one a lot with no help. Everyone stayed home on their man. Best believe they're gonna key on Luka and Ky and there's gonna be help coming.

Also, who's Luka and Ky gonna be guarding? Luka's gonna be food if he tries to guard Tatum or Brown. Ky's gonna get bullied by Jrue if he tries to guard Jrue. Both Luka and Kyrie are going to be the worst defenders on the court. Nobody seems to be talking about that. Minnesota is just too dumb to go small and take advantage of those matchups.

Tatum and brown basically beat themselves. Dallas has already faced some of the toughest defenses in the NBA thus far, soft ass finesse Boston ain’t stoping no one

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Hopefully Porzingis is getting healthy.
Calf injuries are incredibly tricky. That's why I knew Giannis had no shot to come back in the playoffs.

You basically have to shut everything down, let the strain heal, rebuild strength in the calf and take it slow because any setback puts you back to square one. Thursday is 1 month after the strain and they have an extra week off before game 1. I think he'll definitely play this series - it's the Finals - but his effectiveness and health are very questionable to me IMO

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Boston will hunt switches but Luka will be matched with Jrue and Kyrie on White.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Calf injuries are incredibly tricky. That's why I knew Giannis had no shot to come back in the playoffs.

You basically have to shut everything down, let the strain heal, rebuild strength in the calf and take it slow because any setback puts you back to square one. Thursday is 1 month after the strain and they have an extra week off before game 1. I think he'll definitely play this series - it's the Finals - but his effectiveness and health are very questionable to me IMO

I said from the jump he would miss at least a month

I think they still have enough to win the title without Porzingis but if even he’s only 80% that’s still a much better option than anyone else they can throw out there

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
DAL in 5

Ky/Luka > all Boston perimiter defenders

Pj matches up very well against Tatum/brown

Bos has no answer for lively/gafford. Bos has played no one who plays defense outside of bam in the playoffs

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
That fat Euro is gonna be food on defense. Why the Wolves haven't exploited this I don't know.

It's because Anthony Edwards is the only player on the Wolves that can dribble lol. Kyrie and Luka have been able to rest on defense the entire series

That's why I laugh when people do Basketball analysis like it's an And 1 mixtape