Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Pacers aren't a threat, they matched up with an injured Bucks team. This is the problem with the Eastern conference is that because of how bad it is it makes inferior teams look like threats. They'll be this year's version of the 2021 Hawks. Not even mentioning the Knicks were banged up as well. They wouldn't beat a healthy Bucks, Sixers, or Knicks team.

I actually agree about the Pacers team. They struggled against Brunson + the Knicks bench. Got taken to 7 games. We'll see how they come out next season.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you overall, we'll see what moves they make but again, and this has been my original point. The Pacers wouldn't beat a healthy Sixers team.

We will see how this plays out next year but that Pacers team is pretty impressive albeit inexperienced. Against the Knicks they had them in all of the games, just couldn't close them out and Brunson did enough to make it a long series. Same with the C's, the Pacers were right there and even up with less than 2 minutes just couldn't close it out. They're not the Hawks who were completely dependent on one player. Even without Haliburton they competed against the Cs better overall compared to what the Mavs did.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Pacers were a tougher match up for the Celtics than the Mavericks and it's not even close

"Easier road to the Finals" narrative exposed

Definitely. Didn't the Pacers wash us in that little 'In-Season' tourney shyt too? Pacers would beat the Mavericks in a 7-game series. Maybe 6 games. :ehh:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I actually agree about the Pacers team. They struggled against Brunson + the Knicks bench. Got taken to 7 games. We'll see how they come out next season.
We will see how this plays out next year but that Pacers team is pretty impressive albeit inexperienced. Against the Knicks they had them in all of the games, just couldn't close them out and Brunson did enough to make it a long series. Same with the C's, the Pacers were right there and even up with less than 2 minutes just couldn't close it out. They're not the Hawks who were completely dependent on one player. Even without Haliburton they competed against the Cs better overall compared to what the Mavs did.
The thing is I like the Pacers and their play style. I'm also a Haliburton guy I just would like to see how they'd do against healthy comp is all. No harm no foul. That was my only point lol.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Pacers are the biggest threat in the East.

They don't depend on one player, have a great system on offense, they have the players to run it and have a decent bench. Young team who don't know how to close out good teams, much like the C's when they were on the come up. They just need experience.

Any team that solely depends on one or two players are always gonna be easier to defend, that's why Boston always beat the Sixers and would do the same with the Knicks. Brunson is a shorter version of Luka and would also be food on defense, can't teach height.
The Pacers aren't going to do shyt in the East unless they learn how to elevate their defensive intensity. It's a reason why teams that tend to make it far during the playoffs are in the top 10 in both offense and defense.

Once they pay Siakam, it's going to be dififcult to bring in those defensive guys so they're going to mainly have to bank on internal development and those dudes figuring it out especially they aren't known to pay the luxury tax.

If not, they're going to end up like both Sacramento and Atlanta.

Last edited:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Pacers are the biggest threat in the East.

They don't depend on one player, have a great system on offense, they have the players to run it and have a decent bench. Young team who don't know how to close out good teams, much like the C's when they were on the come up. They just need experience.

Any team that solely depends on one or two players are always gonna be easier to defend, that's why Boston always beat the Sixers and would do the same with the Knicks. Brunson is a shorter version of Luka and would also be food on defense, can't teach height.

we'll see next season, but I think the Knicks can beat the Pacers

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
The thing is I like the Pacers and their play style. I'm also a Haliburton guy I just would like to see how they'd do against healthy comp is all. No harm no foul. That was my only point lol.

And that is fair. However, it's true what was said about their defense... It needs serious work. A healthy Knicks would've crushed them. Hopefully they work on that in the off-season.