Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's one position. pj, djj, hardaway, exum, hardy, green, etc - its really, really easy to make this a "luka gotta be better" like talking heads do to fill space between commercials because folks eat it up

but these guys are on a finals team too. and they play like shyt. constantly. roast em up too is all im saying

they get a pass because they have somehow managed to have less than zero expectations. that's just wild lol
Man get the credit and the blame. Everybody was ready to crown Luka and Kyrie a week ago. We cant just flip it on the role players now. If the Mavs were up 3-0 right now nobody would be talking about Gafford or Kleber or PJ.

Luka does need to be better. Thats not just result based cliche...its reality. His defense has been historically bad. Some of his TOs in game 2 were :mindblown:. He isnt even avg his regular season ppg and for a star that is supposed to go up in the Finals. These last 2 games have been winnable late in the 4th and he is the one not having the same energy in the 4th, throwing the ball away, and fouling out.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man get the credit and the blame. Everybody was ready to crown Luka and Kyrie a week ago. We cant just flip it on the role players now. If the Mavs were up 3-0 right now nobody would be talking about Gafford or Kleber or PJ.

Luka does need to be better. Thats not just result based cliche...its reality. His defense has been historically bad. Some of his TOs in game 2 were :mindblown:. He isnt even avg his regular season ppg and for a star that is supposed to go up in the Finals. These last 2 games have been winnable late in the 4th and he is the one not having the same energy in the 4th, throwing the ball away, and fouling out.
okay and there's plenty of dialogue on that. never said otherwise lol

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe no one but yall aint face no legit big all playoffs. No embiid, no greek, no Joker.

Like i said about Denver, yall gotta run this back for nyggas to respek it. Congrats on #18 though
At what point is that on them? Embiid aint never made a CF, always hurt in the playoffs and couldnt get past the cast of MASH but he woulda done something about this? Giannis been hurt in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and lost to the younger lesser Cs. Joker couldnt hold a 20 pt lead at the crib. We have reached an odd place in sports where we down the winner for not beating nikkas that couldnt even make it them in the first place :wtf:. Best ability is availability and if you aint thats a you problem, not the people that were.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

You Slovenian no defense playing muthafukka

Talmbout its easy to score in the NBA shooting 23% muthafukka

Thought you was about to be Dirk muthafukka

You weird jersey number having muthafukka

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Setting aside my disgust for the city of Boston, I gotta give props to this Celtics team on winning the chip. There seem to be a lot of well-adjusted brehs on that squad, led by Jaylen Brown. While they certainly had a cupcake schedule to the Finals, all you can do is beat the team placed in front of you, which they've done handily. I love the fact they have a talented, young brother coaching them on the sideline as well. Enjoy the duck boats Celtics brehs :salute:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also don't like the whole "Marcus Smart was holding them back" angle that few people here and there are running with. They have *two* guys who are plainly better than him right now. That's got nothing to do with what Smart gave to that team in the past.

They were never going to win a title with Smart as the PG

He wasn’t playing better than White or Brogdon last season but was treated as such

Despite him being a poor shooter and low IQ decision maker he had the green light to do whatever he wanted with the ball with no repercussions

He doesn’t suck. But the role he needs to be in and the role he was allowed to play with the Celtics weren’t compatible. His best season with the Celtics was 2018-19 where he almost exclusively played off-ball at SG and had the lowest usage of anyone in the rotation. His last season he’s a full time PG taking the 4th most shots on the team

In other words, good riddance :camby:

Last edited:

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
u mean to tell me that Kyrie and Durant (hailed as the most skilled duo of all time) got swept in 2022? :ohhh:

...and now Kyrie is looking to get swept by the same exact team 2 years later?! :ohhh:

Steph played with that same KD guy and won 2 rings, an Achilles tear prevented a 3rd one.

Kyrie had this KD on his team and didn’t make it past the 2nd Round. Trae Young Led his team to the Conference Finals🤣😂

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shyttin on Luka is taking away from how good the Celtics have played the Finals this go round

Maybe Jaylen can MAYBE start receiving best American player consideration

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Happy for Tatum that he greatly reduced his complaining to officials, it helped him be more mentally focused to help his team. He wised up, unlike Luka

Yeah I member Boston was blowing out Houston this season and that fool kept complaining to the official the entire game and eventually got double t’d up and kicked out.