Ebony & Ivory with Burning Sage vs. Lucky Charms & Unicorns Colliding on Flat Earth | Official Mavericks (#5) vs. Celtics (#1) 2024 NBA Finals Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How the fukk the mavericks even get out the west

Terrible role players and your star player is terrible defensively and constantly complaining because he getting scorched defensively
Because people confused a giant clusterfukk with a gauntlet. NBA has become NFL and MLB. Its a battle of attrition and all about who is hot at the right time. It was the Mavs year. nikkas may not make it outta round 1 next year. And that aint a diss...just acknowledging recent history (and again the clusterfukk that is the west). We havent had a repeat finalist, let alone champion, since the KD Warriors.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know if this iteration of the Mavs even beat OKC next year, and likely not 2 years from now. Thunder may become Boston 2.0 depending on how Chet and JW progress.

And of course Denver’s not going away either.

Really, Dallas has only looked top tier in one series all playoffs. So just getting back to the Finals will be a crapshoot.
Peaked higher than Harden's Rockets making it to the Finals, but their margin for error is small against elite teams. Might be even slimmer after this Boston series because they are giving the league the blueprint on how to play them.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk the mavericks even get out the west

Terrible role players and your star player is terrible defensively and constantly complaining because he getting scorched defensively
Their role players were playing out of their minds in the WCFs

Minnesota's defensive coverage on him didn't take anything away. Boston is defending him 1 on 1 and not leaving the other dudes open at all

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They can have the debate

Reality is we got both and unless something that’s never happened in the almost 80 year history of the NBA happens, there will be a banner raised in TD Garden on opening night next season :hubie:

Damn, that hit me. Let me hold back the tears

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Curious to see what the Mavs do this off season after they lose in either 4 or 5.

I'm not quite sure how they can make this team any better in the off season. Hoping Luka gets better on defense or takes care of his body is a waste of time....

He's been a pro for damn near a decade, if it hasn't clicked by now its not happening. The Mavericks gotta figure out something though.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Curious to see what the Mavs do this off season after they lose in either 4 or 5.

I'm not quite sure how they can make this team any better in the off season. Hoping Luka gets better on defense or takes care of his body is a waste of time....

He's been a pro for damn near a decade, if it hasn't clicked by now its not happening. The Mavericks gotta figure out something though.
First thing they need to do is send Tim Hardaway Jr to Beijing

-16 in 19 mins played :scust:

Wasteman

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
That Suns team wasn't that good and got by due to other team injuries
this is true, fair enough :ehh:

this mavs team prolly doesnt make it out of the 1st round if Kawhi is healthy tho. But ofc Kawhi is never healthy

Mavs team gotta be at best, the 2nd worst team since 1990

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
this is true, fair enough :ehh:

this mavs team prolly doesnt make it out of the 1st round if Kawhi is healthy tho. But ofc Kawhi is never healthy

Mavs team gotta be at best, the 2nd worst team since 1990
That 2007 Cavs team had no business being in the Finals, LeBron deserves a statue for getting that team there

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
i truly get the luka bashing for being a whiny cow. he's a thot fr

but we can talk about the rest of the mavs right? outside of the rookie, they are ASS. CONSTANTLY. they're so dogwater that people don't even bring them up anymore. there's no expectation that anyone outside of luka, kyrie, and lively make 2 good plays in a row.
Because that's how they have to build around to Luka

You can't get rim running bigs like gafford and lively to only catch lobs from Luka, then get surprised when they play like ass otherwise

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
That 2007 Cavs team had no business being in the Finals, LeBron deserves a statue for getting that team there
yeah, but i was talking about teams to come out the west

But yeah the 2007 cavs might be the woat eastern team to make the finals