Eazy E had the greatest image in hiphop history

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Only in the sense that his image completely overshadows the fact that his music is extremely wack. He was weak as hell as an MC and had other people write all his rhymes but he looked "cool" so it's okay.

NWA was basically three people: Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, M.C. Ren

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
flyest nikka in tha rap game

scan0046-2.jpg

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
You know Bugs, the one that other than Eazy's image that stood out to me about Eazy, was the way he talked. Dude was so laid back when he talked that he almost kept his voice to a whisper but that was even louder than like say a DMX who might yell ever chance he gets. That to me always made Eazy-E even more intriguing and interesting cause he came off so cool about everything.

Here's one of his interviews where he himself is interviewing the legendary Roger Troutman:

Eazy-E interviewing Roger Troutman - YouTube

damn. props for that interview. never heard it before.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only in the sense that his image completely overshadows the fact that his music is extremely wack. He was weak as hell as an MC and had other people write all his rhymes but he looked "cool" so it's okay.

Stupidest shyt I seen all day:childplease: it ain't no NWA without Eazye E,he wuz the star of the group in many peoples eyes....u can't tell me he wuz wack as a rapper,he wuz so good he gets a pass actually...who else coulda done Boyz In the Hood like Eazye E?cube wrote it but it wouldna been as good if Cube did it and Cube is my top 2 all time.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stupidest shyt I seen all day:childplease: it ain't no NWA without Eazye E,he wuz the star of the group in many peoples eyes....u can't tell me he wuz wack as a rapper,he wuz so good he gets a pass actually...who else coulda done Boyz In the Hood like Eazye E?cube wrote it but it wouldna been as good if Cube did it and Cube is my top 2 all time.

So what? Doesn't change anything I said. He was garbage on the mic and hid behind his imagery, no different than any hypeman out there. I am not an Eazy-E hater, I'm just real about his skills. Eazy's functionally the same as Flava Flav.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps

how was his music wack when he had one of the best voices in HIpHop with Cube and Ren helping with his songs and Dre on the beats?:WTH: nobody focused on how he dressed back then and thought it was his clothes that made him famous we was too busy enjoying the damn music!

the clothes he wore wasnt a trend,that was the everyday shyt people was wearing back then in LA.OGs and mexicans still wear them kind of clothes.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how was his music wack when he had one of the best voices in HIpHop with Cube and Ren helping with his songs and Dre on the beats?:WTH: nobody focused on how he dressed back then we was too busy enjoying the music!

:whoa:

I should elaborate. The first NWA album is perfect and he brought it but on his own (No Ice Cube to ghostwrite and later no Dre to produce) he made wack, uninteresting music but got a pass for looking the part and being the face of the most famous Gangsta Rap group in the world. He was good for what he was but dude was a hypeman who gets elevated to God status for dying.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to a pioneer I'm just being real about his skill relative to the status he enjoys now as a deceased martyr (people compare him to Pac and Big). His voice was amazing though, I agree.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
so catchin aids is the greatest image now?:stopitslime:

fukkin hoes all across the map..n neither of ya kids or their momma gettin it...is perfect...too me

boy got 5 kids none of em got it..nor did the moms...

so catchin n bein injected is 2 different things...

i tend to think that boy got messed over when he got sick...

i still do this :comeon: when i hear daz n dre domino skit on doggystyle...them nikkas knew he had aids be4 he did

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
fukkin hoes all across the map..n neither of ya kids or their momma gettin it...is perfect...too me

boy got 5 kids none of em got it..nor did the moms...

so catchin n bein injected is 2 different things...

i tend to think that boy got messed over when he got sick...

i still do this :comeon: when i hear daz n dre domino skit on doggystyle...them nikkas knew he had aids be4 he did

Dude got 9 kids

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me, when you're up-front about your lyrics not being written by you (and since he had a lyric "Ice Cube writes the words that I say" he was more than up-front) then I don't see the problem. If he was trying to pretend he wrote all of that stuff then that's different. Eazy was the first to say he didn't want to be a rapper but Dre and Cube loved his voice and wanted him to try.