Eastern NC Verzuz: Greenville/Wilson/RockyMount/Goldsboro/Jacksonville/Wilmington/Fayetteville/Other

Which is Best: Battle of (B)Eastern North Carolina Cities

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Remember my 2nd post in this thread....I said as the other bigger cities (Specifically Raleigh area, since it's closest) begins to get crowded and more expensive...this area becomes more ... "interesting" to Cost of Living Pirates...

Raleigh 4th, Charlotte 2nd, for greatest home price increases in U.S. | WRAL TechWire

A few months ago I saw an advertisement by Rocky Mount Chamber of Commerce, or something like that, on my feed (and I'm not even living in NC) talk about its attractiveness as a commuting city for Raleigh........ 60 miles away....

Rocky Mount has never done that...almost guarantee that....

Fayetteville and The Triangle been one big TV market for years but it's getting even more interconnected. They building another Amazon spot in North Fayetteville off 295, there's already one in Garner off 40. They are an easy hour apart from one another abd it's gonna make the commuting between the two even thicker...

And it's been muhfukkas commuting between Raleigh and Fayetteville for years already...

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As someone who live in Fayetteville and been to all those towns. Fayetteville is by far the best town on that list. The rest of them are small country towns, Jacksonville is a Marine base and Wilmington is a trash beach town. I mean Fayetteville is a army base but it’s the biggest army base in the world. I rather go to Myrtle Beach it’s basically the same distance like 2 hours. I mean it’s Raleigh over everything but Fayetteville is the closer thing you gonna get to Raleigh and it’s only a hour away.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
As someone who live in Fayetteville and been to all those towns. Fayetteville is by far the best town on that list. The rest of them are small country towns, Jacksonville is a Marine base and Wilmington is a trash beach town. I mean Fayetteville is a army base but it’s the biggest army base in the world. I rather go to Myrtle Beach it’s basically the same distance like 2 hours. I mean it’s Raleigh over everything but Fayetteville is the closer thing you gonna get to Raleigh and it’s only a hour away.

I'm in Fayetteville right now, be down here often. Never been to Jacksonville but don't have a great impression:

•Rocky Mount is one if the worst cities in the entire state
•Wilson is slightly better than The Rock but nothing there either
•Greenville was wildly disappointing for the hype it gets, it's really just a big fish in a small pond (NE NC), 252 people hype "G-Vegas" but it's ass
•Goldsboro is sad
•Wilmington is a bigger disappointment than Vegas, it's a white folk playground and boring as fukk

Fayetteville shytting all over these cities and the only people who can shyt on Fayetteville are the people from the 5 larger cities than Fayetteville in NC. Even still, I live in Raleigh and used to live I'm Charlotte and those are the only two head and shoulders above Fayetteville in NC...

Used to work in Durm, dated a chick there, Durm and 26 are extremely similar, Durm is what The Ville would be if it were right next to Raleigh instead of an hour away, and if Duke was here instead of Methodist. Other than that Durm really not that live, it's Fayetteville with a Raleigh/Duke stimulus...

Greensboro overrated, it's a little better than Fayetteville but not by much...

Winston is slightly better than Fayetteville but not be much...

None of these smaller NC cities are fukking with Fayetteville at all, not one...

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I’m going with Fayetteville mainly because I’ve been there before, J Cole’s from there, and I got some family roots down there. It’s boring as hell and a lil country yet very hood in some parts but it’s got some really good ass food places with a surprisingly diverse selection and that mall they got ain’t half bad either :ehh: It’s also the very place where I’ve tried CookOut for the first time as well as blessed me with the GOATness that is cheerwine :banderas::banderas::banderas: So I’m riding with Da Ville for this one! Overall tho, I got a lotta love for North Carolina….It truly is one of the GOAT states in not just the South but the country period. shyt’s the ancestral motherland for a very sizeable portion of us DMV ADOS, most especially Eastern NC.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
shyt, that drive from Rocky Mount to Raleigh is 60 miles down 64. Don’t know if I’d want to have to make that commute often, but I get Rocky Mount trying to sell themselves. I’d rather live in one of Raleigh’s suburbs much closer.
That drive has become a lot easier now that you don't have to go through Knightdale (64) because of the US 87 bypass and 70mph.
That trip through Knightdale with all the stop lights to get to US 40 in the old days was always brutal
I've done it multiple times in the last few months taking my dad to Duke Eye in Raleigh and its a breeze now

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
That drive has become a lot easier now that you don't have to go through Knightdale (64) because of the US 87 bypass and 70mph.
That trip through Knightdale with all the stop lights to get to US 40 in the old days was always brutal
I've done it multiple times in the last few months taking my dad to Duke Eye in Raleigh and its a breeze now
Didn’t know about the 87 bypass up around that way. I do know they had been doing a ton of work on 87 around Sanford and Fort Bragg. Visited my uncle in Chapel Hill a month ago, and left from there to Lumberton afterwards. I remember pretty much going through Fort Bragg, but the work they’ve done has you completely bypassing it.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Didn’t know about the 87 bypass up around that way. I do know they had been doing a ton of work on 87 around Sanford and Fort Bragg. Visited my uncle in Chapel Hill a month ago, and left from there to Lumberton afterwards. I remember pretty much going through Fort Bragg, but the work they’ve done has you completely bypassing it.
yeah 87 is supposed to connect Norfolk to Raleigh (213 miles)
They using 64 and 17 that goes through East NC to connect it
NC spending a billion on construction

propI87map.jpg