Eastern NC Verzuz: Greenville/Wilson/RockyMount/Goldsboro/Jacksonville/Wilmington/Fayetteville/Other

Which is Best: Battle of (B)Eastern North Carolina Cities

• Total voters

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
•Greenville: highly, highly disappointed. Good quality of women but boring, small, and nothing going on outside downtown which is pretty cool for a small town

•Wilson: has some unexpected charm. Unbelievably country, though

•Rocky Mount: worst city in NC. There is no reason to go here if you don't have to

•Goldsboro: only a slight step up from The Rock

•Jacksonville: never been, don't see the appeal, don't plan on going

•Wilmington: most overrated city in the state, complete snoozefest, heavy on the white people, just very disappointing despite the reputation it has

•Fayetteville: easily, easily the strongest city in this group. Largest and most impactful black culture, baddest and most diverse women of any city on this list, most popping nightlife and dining (especially for black folk).....Fayetteville isn't some Atlantis but there really is no comparison to this shytstorm of cities you putted it against lol...

The Triangle is in the Coastal Plain so thats ENC too. Fayetteville is basically Durham without Duke and if it was further away from Raleigh than right next door; Fayetteville and Durham have a lot of similarities. All the rest of these cities in ENC are garbage but Wilson does have some charm and Greenville is a place you can see at least once but never have to see again...

Respect the input. :ehh:

I agree to a great extent, except changes are coming.

Secondly, no Triangle is not in Eastern NC (ignore map in OP :dead:)...it is the Piedmont (the soil is more clay-like, which is great for making bricks (No Pablo)) and topography is hilly like a voluptuous woman. You can literally tell the difference when you drive past I-95 after a few miles. Trust me on this point. That's 4th grade NC geography. :russ:

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Used to live in Goldsboro (dated this AF broad). All of these cities are pretty much garbage though.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not my favorite region. A lot of rough down right depressing areas. I'd pick Wilmington though just due to close proximity to the beach .Greenville is cool for ECU/college town shyt. Not sure how much else it has to offer.

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Used to live in Goldsboro (dated this AF broad). All of these cities are pretty much garbage though.

To be honest I had to get away. Spent first 22 years of my life in NC and was out when I got my college degree, so I get your sentiment.

They are sleepy towns in a lot of ways, and it's small city experiences but they offer:
  • AfrAm heavy populations
  • Hidden and upcoming opportunities, urban and rural, whether revitalizing downtowns or new hemp industry in vast farm land or industries relocating or expanding there.
  • Cost of living is crazy low
  • Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Kinston, Wilson, and Fayetteville are all less than 90 minutes from downtown Raleigh, and all about 2 hours or less from the beach..so you can get the Bigger Metro experience in a short drive or smell the ocean and eat fresh seafood on the beach in no time.

Last edited:

powmia

Pro
Daps
New $1 Billion, 213-Mile Interstate Planned to Connect Norfolk and Raleigh

i87-map-300_0.jpg
Please make this happen. The speed traps on Hwy 58 from Emporia to Suffolk are no joke. I usually lock my cruise on 58 mph on this stretch. Imagine being able to go 75+ mph from Raleigh to the Hampton Roads. This will also be a plus for business.

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Please make this happen. The speed traps on Hwy 58 from Emporia to Suffolk are no joke. I usually lock my cruise on 58 mph on this stretch. Imagine being able to go 75+ mph from Raleigh to the Hampton Roads. This will also be a plus for business.

That by itself would be major.

Last edited:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Was just in the state last week for my sisters birthday. Touched down in Winston for a few days, and had to hit up Greensboro. Both Winston and GBoro damn near 50% black. Went and saw my grandma and auntie in Lumberton.

Driving through them small towns of Southern Pines and Laurinburg to get there was refreshing. Area is depressing, but that’s where pretty much all my mama family resides. Spread out through Laurinburg, Lumberton, and on down to Whiteville. The Piedmont my side, though. That’s home, and where all my daddy side resides.

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Y’all got me reminiscing about my days in Fayettenam, spent six years in that town. For a town of its size, there was actually a lot to do for a young man in his 20’s. Wilmington on the other hand, was vey disappointing. Went twice and never went back.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
All my family from down east (Greenville and Eliz City). One thing I'll say about Greenville is that ECU is taking over not just G-ville but Pitt County as a whole. I haven't been to Elizabeth City in years, but I loved it down there as a kid. Shout out to all of Eastern NC

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I only got experience with Fayettville and Jacksonville. I have no idea how Fayettville has more votes than Jacksonville, and Jacksonville ain’t too much to write home about itself. But it ain’t shyt going on at all in Fayettville. Ain't even shyt to rate.

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
I grew up on Wilmington. Went to high school in Jacksonville. Lived a lot of my 20’s in Greenville.

Jacksonville = good place to get bytches. Marines or marine wives fukk easy. Girls who live and die in town fukk easy. I miss it lol.
Wilmington = lots of cacs and siddity ppl. Not my scene.
Greenville = college girls are everywhere. They fukking easy too but once they graduate they all want a husband ASAP even if y’all just been talking for 1 month lol.